Pregnancy Expert Forum
Positive Pregnancy test then bleeding

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Positive Pregnancy test then bleeding

I tested positive on 4 EPT's and then started bleeding.  I went to the doctor and my urine test came back negative.  I read that your hormones are out of wack if you are bleeding.  Could this be dicidual bleeding and if so how soon can I take a pregnancy test once the bleeding stops?
Hi!
You have most likely had a "chemical pregnancy", which is a very early miscarriage.
The other possibility is that your tests were not accurate for some reason.  If you have another positive test, be sure to correlate it with a blood test.
In this case, it is more likely that you are having your period or a miscarriage than that you are having decidual bleeding.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
i had an abortion in August and  at the same time the inserted a nova t iud.In September i missed my period.in October i have my period for three days now in November i missed my period again.i have passed some pinkish stuff for about 2 days in the morning.could i be pregnant?