Pregnancy Expert Forum
Pregnancy

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Pregnancy

Me & my partner have been trying for a baby since May whe I came of the pill,  I have had regular 28 day cycle however this months im 8 days over the 28 days with neg pregnancy test yesterday I had a little bit of brown discharge but no blood, I have been getting dull pain in my uterus area like a pulling feeling.  could i be pregnant even though getting negative tests??
Hi!
It is possible that the test is wrong.  I ALWAYS recommend repeating the pregnancy test, and getting a blood test if possible.
It is also possible that you are just having an "off" cycle.  It is common for women to fail to ovulate every now and then--the ovaries "miss fire".  When this happens, the period can be delayed by several days and often there are a lot of pregnancy-type symptoms during that time.  When the period does finally come it is often heavier than usual.
Hope this helps!
Good luck!
Dr B
well before i knew i was pregnant i was having really bad cramps to the point where i wanted to cry. i just figured i would get my period soon..i never know when ill get it cuz im irregular. Maybe u r late but u havent produced enough hormones that it takes for the pregnancy test requires to give u a positive. i suggest u take it in the morning on ur first pee of the day. becuase when i decided to take a pregnancy test the first time i got a negative and my husband and i were very dissapointed cuz we had been trying for 2 yrs. but one day i decided to just wait for another week and made sure i took it in the morning and i got a positive. GOOD LUCK! oh and one thing i have learned when u dont relaxe during sex and all u think about is i hope i get pregnant u wont get pregnant cuz that puts ur body in stress. it happend to me and it worked when i relaxed..plus my doctor suggested the same.
Hey,

Have you had a blood test? Because this would show if you are pregnant or not, I find it is much better this way, i dont trust the Hpt they are never accurate.. It is likely that you could be pregnant, but having a blood test will say for sure..

Good Luck!