Pregnancy Expert Forum
Pregnancy
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pregnancy

Hello,

Me & my partner have been trying for a baby since May whe I came of the pill,  I have had regular 28 day cycle however this months im 8 days over the 28 days with neg pregnancy test yesterday I had a little bit of brown discharge but no blood, I have been getting dull pain in my uterus area like a pulling feeling.  could i be pregnant even though getting negative tests??
Related Discussions
603463 tn?1220630455
Hi!
It is possible that the test is wrong.  I ALWAYS recommend repeating the pregnancy test, and getting a blood test if possible.
It is also possible that you are just having an "off" cycle.  It is common for women to fail to ovulate every now and then--the ovaries "miss fire".  When this happens, the period can be delayed by several days and often there are a lot of pregnancy-type symptoms during that time.  When the period does finally come it is often heavier than usual.
Hope this helps!
Good luck!
Dr B
3 Comments
Blank
1080736 tn?1295717757
well before i knew i was pregnant i was having really bad cramps to the point where i wanted to cry. i just figured i would get my period soon..i never know when ill get it cuz im irregular. Maybe u r late but u havent produced enough hormones that it takes for the pregnancy test requires to give u a positive. i suggest u take it in the morning on ur first pee of the day. becuase when i decided to take a pregnancy test the first time i got a negative and my husband and i were very dissapointed cuz we had been trying for 2 yrs. but one day i decided to just wait for another week and made sure i took it in the morning and i got a positive. GOOD LUCK! oh and one thing i have learned when u dont relaxe during sex and all u think about is i hope i get pregnant u wont get pregnant cuz that puts ur body in stress. it happend to me and it worked when i relaxed..plus my doctor suggested the same.
Blank
Hey,

Have you had a blood test? Because this would show if you are pregnant or not, I find it is much better this way, i dont trust the Hpt they are never accurate.. It is likely that you could be pregnant, but having a blood test will say for sure..

Good Luck!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
05/15 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank