Pregnancy Expert Forum
Pregnancy after miscarriage

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Pregnancy after miscarriage

I had a miscarriage and three weeks ago had a D & C. I have had sex with my husband once since then. I have a few questions. Can I get pregnant and if I do does it have a higher risk of miscarriage since I have not had a period yet. All the information is so confusing and conflicting. When would a HPT be accurate since I have no idea when my period would be due?
I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I had one in December and also had  D&C. It can be so confusing going through it. It feels like my body will never get back to normal. My doctor said that we could start trying as soon as I have a normal period again. It took about a month for my period to come after the bleeding from the D&C stopped (that was Jan.22). I had an ultrasound to make sure that everything was functioning correctly. The confusing thing is that I haven't had another period since. I have taken HPT but they came back negative. I am not sure what is going on and am planning on talking to my doctor next week if I don't start.
My advice to you is to talk with your doctor or nurse, but be patient with your body. It takes a little bit for it to get back to normal. Also the ultrasound technician did say that you are a higher risk of another miscarriage if you become pregnant before you first period. I hope this info is helpful and not more confusing or frustrating. Please know that you are not alone!!! Let us know how things progress for you!
Good Luck! - Jessica
Hi, I had a m/c & d&C in july and I know that it took me 5 weeks until I had my period... It hurt really badly, I had awful cramps... I just laid on the bed crying b/c it hurt so bad. I just wanted to warn u b/c I thought that there was something wrong with me, and when I called the doctor he said that sometimes ur first period after a m/c is more intense than normal. I was so mad that they did not tell me that b4 I had to go through it. Just make sure that have a heating pad, midol, and whatever else u need for it on hand just incase.

Me and my hubby thought that I was preggo again after a few weeks but it turned out that it was just left over hormones from the last baby.

But on a better note I am pregnant again!!! 21weeks along now with a very healthy little boy! After my first real cycle, it took us 2 months to concive, and it was when we stopped trying... we only b/d once that month b/c i had a really bad cold!

just give u and ur body time to heal and everything will be okay!! Good luck

Thanks to all the above for the info. Sorry to hear about your losses all the info is so confusing and I get a littled frustrated. To make it worse two of my best friends are pregnant and it is tough to watch even though I am really happy for them. Let me know how everything progresses with you guys.
I had a misscarriage last Thursday, I was almost 7 weeks pregnant and this past Monday I stopped bleeding. Is it safe to have sex now?  For some reason, I am very anxious to get pregnant again.  If I were to get pregnant before starting a new cycle will it be bad???
Thanks for your answers.
I just went for it. I am now pregnant again and I never worried if it was too early. I never had a period and I am 8 weeks pregnant again. Miscarried Jan 23 and was prenant before Feb 5.  I have my first prenatal apt on March 29. It can happen again and FAST
HELP, I HAD TWO M/C 1ST ONE IN JUNE AND ANOTHER ONE IN OCTOBER . I WAS IN CHLOMIC FOR 3 MONTH DID NOT WORK. MY DOC NEVER TOLD ME THAT THE M/C WERE FROM HAVING LOW HORMONES.  FINALLY I DECIDE TO GO TO A DIFFERENT DOCTOR AND GET DIFF OPINIONS. KNOW I'M PREGNANT FOR THE 3RD TIME AND I'M 7 WKS PREGNANT WITH VERY LOW PROGESTERONE I'M SO SCARE THAT I'M GOING TO HAVE ANOTHER M/C THESE TIME DOC PUT ME IN BEDREST FOR 3 MONTH AND I'VE BEEN TAKING PROMETRIUM FOR 2 DAYS. I JUST GOT SOME BLOOD WORKS AND IT SHOWS THAT MY HORMONE ARE DROPPING I DON'T NOW WHAT TO DO. DOC TOLD ME THAT THE BLOOD TEST SHOWS THAT I'M 3-4 WKS PREGNANT, BUT MY HUSBAND IS DEPLOYED LAST TIME I WAS WITH HIM WAS A MONTH AND AHALF  AGO SO I KNOW THAT I'M A LEAST 6-7 WKS PREGNANT. CAN I STILL HAVE MY BABY OR I'AM GONE HAVE ANOTHER M/C? DO U THINK THE PROMETRIUM WOULD WORK? PLZ RESPOND ASAP. THANKZ
Well, I should have been 8 weeks pregnant today but recently found out that I have had a missed miscarraige (miscarriage). This is were the pregnancy ends before you might realise something is wrong. Apparently the pregnancy stopped developing at around 5 weeks and I am only now loosing blood and clots.  Ive had two lots of blood tests now, the second lot of results should have doubled in the space of two days to have been a good sign, but my 2nd result was lower which confirmed that I was miscarrying.  It has been a traumatic experience for both me and my partner, but all we want to do now is to look ahead and hope that our next pregnancy goes well.
I just miscarried. help, i really want to get pregnant. when can i start trying again? this was my first m/c  - 5w4d. I am quite devastated. just waiting for my blood work to see if my hormones are down.
On March 7 i found out i was pregnant...on March 24 i started bleeding...went in for a u/s and a blood hcg test...uterus was thick but no sack...i miscarried...levels still havent gone down all the way...on April 3 i went in and my levels were at 36 and then went on april 10th and they were only at 18. SO i went again on april 13th and theyve rose to 19. Only one point. I am going in the morning to have an ultra sound to check for eptopic. Im not having any pains..im nauseas tired and my boobs are aching like b4 but no abdominal pain, has anyone experienced this before? I took a pregnance test2 days after the results were 36 and it was negative, i took it another one again after the 18 and the 19 and it was positive. Is it possible that i am pregnant again? But if i am is it okay for them to be rising so slowly?
I had a miscarriage about a week and a half ago but Im still seeing blood I dont know what to do or if its normal. Help
I had a miscarriage the day before easter. I was suppose to be five weeks pregnant. When they took a PT at the hospital it cam back negative so they had to take a blood test to confirm the pregnancy. My HCG levels should have been over 1000 but were only 50, then a couple of days later my when I had to go back they were at 10. The litlle symptoms I had were a ready gone. The acne and breast tenderness. I boyfriend and started having UPS again not even a week after my miscarriage. Now I am starting to have my pregnancy sypmtoms again the acne and breast tenderness. I think I may be pregnant once again but I am afraid of another miscarraige (miscarriage). I had one miscarriage before then I had a son, this was my second miscarriage and I had and still having a hard time coping. I do hope I am pregnant again, but it this truly possible for me to be pregnant so soon after my miscarriage.
i had a miscarriage at 25 weeks and it has only been 2 weeks since and i think i messed up by having intercourse.  my bleeding is a dark abnormal and i don't know what to do??  
hiya i had a miscarriage last week im still bleeding and havent really lost many clots i was only 6 weeks i have got 5 healthly kids and dont understand why this as happened i want to have another baby  but i dont know how long you have to wait till you can try again my blood leavel is 102 when i went to the hospital today can anyone help me thankyou
Hello Everyone. I am on the same boat you are all in. I just had a m/c on Monday I was 5w 5days. I am hoping to try again very soon and am really eager to get a positive pregnancy test back. Have any of you been on WhatToExpect.com??  It is a great message board!  Come join us on trying to concieve (conceive)!!
Like the rest of you, I had a miscarriage today at 1 day shy of 13 weeks.  I had a subchorionic bleed from 7.5 weeks.  I was told not to worry about it, but I still stopped all exercise and lifting anything heavy (and pelvic rest).  This morning, I had some cramps, went to the bathroom and passed huge amounts of blood and clots.  It kept coming.  I was a mess because I knew I it was a m/c.  I went to my doc's office and bleed all over the place.  Ending up in the ER to get an emergency D&C operation.  What a horrible day.  I am screaming and crying.  I don't think I have ever cried so hard.  
i am new to med help , the reason i have come here is that i have just found out that i am pregnant , and im terrified . on the 22 of december 2005 i went into premature labour at 20 weeks , apparantly i had an infection and had lost all my embiotic fluid , my son didnt survive , it was the hardest thing i have ever had to deal with and now im pregnant again i am terrified of getting excited about it incase it happens again , am only three weeks on but im scared to do anything incase i miscarry i cant loose this baby i dont think i could cope if it happened again , how do i stop from getting an infection that i didnt even know i had , and that doctors didnt notice till it was too late . i guess i am feeling very sinical rather than happy having a baby is supposed to be a joyus occassion but now i know it is also a dangerous and scary process to . i need help....
hi everyone i have had 3 miscarries, and i'm  ttc again.. i really want a baby so bad and i feel so empty inside.. i lost my baby easter sunday and i wounder if i'm pregnant already i think i am but not sure please help... do you guys think if i take a home test it will show? everytime i get pregnant i hear the heart beat but at 7 weeks it stops this happen to anyone else?
A related discussion, what went wrong was started.
A related discussion, How long should I wait? was started.
A related discussion, How Soon after Miscarriage Can You Try Again was started.
A related discussion, pregnant after miscarriage? was started.
A related discussion, Miscarried when can i try again? was started.