Pregnancy Expert Forum
Pregnancy and allergies
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pregnancy and allergies

I just had a few positive pregnancy tests and I haven't seen a doctor yet. I have awful allergies and i usually take allegra.  What allergy meds are safe to use during pregnancy?
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
Congratulations!  If you were my patient, I would advise you to take the absolute minimum medication that you can get away with during the first trimester especially.  BUT having said that, Allegra is pregnancy category C which means that it CAN be used in pregnancy if the benefits out weigh the risks.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
3 Comments
Blank
My Dr told me I can continue to take my allegra. And im now 24 weeks and my little man is just fine. :)
Blank
My dr told me to keep taking my allergy meds especially when i.go out of town to a different climate so i wont be likely to get overloaded and become sick :'
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank