Pregnancy and allergies
I just had a few positive pregnancy tests and I haven't seen a doctor yet. I have awful allergies and i usually take allegra.  What allergy meds are safe to use during pregnancy?
Hi!
Congratulations!  If you were my patient, I would advise you to take the absolute minimum medication that you can get away with during the first trimester especially.  BUT having said that, Allegra is pregnancy category C which means that it CAN be used in pregnancy if the benefits out weigh the risks.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
My Dr told me I can continue to take my allegra. And im now 24 weeks and my little man is just fine. :)
My dr told me to keep taking my allergy meds especially when i.go out of town to a different climate so i wont be likely to get overloaded and become sick :'
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.