Pregnancy Expert Forum
Pregnant and want to go into labor

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Pregnant and want to go into labor

I am 3 days past 37 weeks of my due date and miserable.  I have been walking and having sex but still no regular contractions.  I am only 1 cm dialated and about 50% thinned out.  Any suggestions on how to speed up labor???  I have heard of castor oil but haven't tried it yet.  Will castor oil work only being 1cm dialated???

I wouldn't try castor oil; certainly ginger tea won't hurt.  Try to be patient, you are still two weeks from your due date.  The one thing I can guarantee is that you will become unpregnant sometime soon.  :)

All the best,

Dr. Downing
Hey.... all I can suggest that my mom gave to me was a TEA made of GINGER.... Girl I do not know if it was the ginger or what, but to be a first timer I got to the hospital about 11:30 PM and by 1:19AM I had giving birth to my precious jewel.....Just thinking that the week before my doctor wanted to induced labor cause I was not opening and the baby was too small...

You could give it try it wont hurt the baby....It worked for me maybe it might work for you...But good luck and be patience.....
Hey i know dr said not castor oil but used it with my second pregnancy and went into labour after an hour, i was only in active labour for 10 minutes aswel!! so cant be that bad lol, good luck