Pregnancy Expert Forum
Pregnant or UTI.

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Pregnant or UTI.

My girlfriend has had all of her periods. Is on birth control(yaz) and we use a condom every time. Recently she has had the urge to urinate at night and will barely have to go. She says it will go away for about a week and maybe come back for a day. She said it was especially prominent after intercourse. I know FREQUENt urination is a sign of pregnancy. But she had had her periods and has no other symptoms. Any ideas?Thanks.

If she thinks she might be pregnant she should take an HPT.  To rule out a urinary tract infection she should go to a physician and have her urine cultured.   Better to do this sooner rather than later.

Best regards,

Dr. Downing
i would say it is a uti. i have had them and they are no fun. i woke up with a full bladder, went to pee, and nothing came out. it was like that for hours until the doctor could take me. ....thats what it sounds like. when your pregnant you can pee you just have to pee a lot. its not that shes having frequent urination its that shes having trouble getting it out. she should see a doctor
I agree it sounds like a UTI. If she has to go repeatedly and can't get anything out (and it may kinda burn) then that is a UTI. Pregnancy its just that you have to go often but it isn't hard and its not like every second of the day.
hi everyone!! well i went to the doctors cause i thought that i was pregnant i took the test it came out neg i think it too early too test but he told me that i have a UTI.  It does not hurt me when i go the restroom it does'nt hurt and i go
but i think i'm pregnant cause my breast are hurtting and i also been spotting but when i started take antibioatics i started to bleed more. I need help and opnions