Pregnancy Expert Forum
Pregnant with Strep C

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Pregnant with Strep C

I am 19w and have been on amoxicillin for 7 days now.  It doesn't seem to be kicking the infection.  I'm still coughing and sneezing, and now wheezing.  I have a lot of build up in my chest and wonder, given the limited drugs I'm allowed, what is the next step?  Can I develop a bronchial infection or pneumonia?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would want to see you in again.  The wheezing is worriesome.  I don't know if you have a history of asthma, but I would want to listen to your lungs and possibly get a chest xray, depending upon the results.  I would also consider prescribing an inhaler to help with air movement.
Hope you feel better!
Dr B