Pregnancy Expert Forum
Provera problems
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Provera problems

I am a 29 year old female and I have been on Provera 10mg for 10 days its day 11 now and I still don't have my period I saw my fertility professor on the 29th of April and my Uterus lining was 7.3mm. As far as I know it should be 10mm for you to menstruate, I have cramps and discharge not brown white but no period. Should I give it a few more days or just begin my active pill as my professor advised me today via telephone? I am so unsure I have also used 5 cycles of clomid and nothin and the strange thing is I had no problem falling pregnant with with my other two sons :-(
Please give me some advise!!!!
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise a pregnancy test before anything else--just to be sure that is why you are not having your period!  If that is negative, I would suggest waiting a few more days, as provera can take up to 14 days to have its effect.  I would not hurt to give your fertility clinic a call too--and see what they advise.  One other thing--I would probably not recommend doing more than six cycles with Clomid--if it isn't working, try something else!
Good luck!
Dr B
4 Comments
Blank
Thanks Elaine I forgot to mention that when the professor scanned me I had two cysts on my one ovary and another cyst on the other ovary that would probably rule out pregnancy? And I have started the pill I am on day 3 of the active pills I am so uncertain what this all means and why I am struggling like this my thyroid levels are normal my prolactin is also normal. He has also tested my ovarian reserves. I am waiting on those results he has also asked my husband for a semin sample to check him out.  Should I still do a pregnancy test despite all of this?
Blank
5275926_tn?1365870829
I HAVEN'T HAD A PERIOD SINCE FEB AND I TOO TOOK PROVERA AND STILL NO CYCLE AND I AM BEYOND MY 14 DAYS ON MAY 14TH HE IS GONNA DO AN ULTRASOUND TO TILE OUT PREGNANCY AND TO SEE WHAT ELSE THE ISSUE COULD BE
Blank
5275926_tn?1365870829
I MEANT TO RULE OUT PREGNANCY
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949