Pregnancy Expert Forum
Repeat Ultrasound

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Repeat Ultrasound
I had my second ultrasound (19 weeks) yesturday and they called back today saying that they need me to go in, in 2 weeks because they couldnt get a picture of the kidneys due to fetal movement.  Now i thought that when she was explaining everything to us that she pointed them out.  Is this abnormal to need a repeat test?  She said the doctor put in the notes that it was due to movement yet at one point she was trying to get the baby to move to get a good face measurment picture and she couldnt get him to move.  I hope im overreating.  Everything else came back normal with good measurements.  

The doctor also has me on hydrocodone when needed for migraines not more that one (500) a day.  Is this something that is safe?  Nothing else works fiorcet or tylenol dont touch the pain.  Im only prescribed 10 for 2 months so its only occasionally for bad headaches.
Hi!
You are probably over-reacting!  Isn't it funny, when people are pregnant, it is the only time they are happy to hear that!  We always like to measure the drainage system of the kidneys on both sides to be sure that they aren't swollen.  This measurement is hard to get, especially if the baby is moving.  It is very likely that this is what they want to re-scan.  Even if the measurement is ABNORMAL, it is usually no big deal.   If the kidneys are somewhat swollen, it usually goes away on its own. I always tell my patients to look at the bright side--it means more ultrasounds!
Good luck!
Dr B