Pregnancy Expert Forum
Should I set expectations for this pregnancy?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

I did the pregnancy test last week and it was positive. My last period was on the 3rd of march. I'm spotting for the 10th day today. The color was brown and today it turned red (always small quantity). I visited my doctor today for an ultrasound that showed nothing. It could be a slow m/c but it could also be that the egg didnt reach the uterus yet. He prescribed the ' proluton depot' injection and my next appointment is next Wednesday. My expectations aren't that high anymore. Anybody with a similar condition?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would order a quantitative beta hcg.  I would repeat the test in 48 hours.  These values would tell me whether or not the pregnancy was going to progress.  If the number is approximately doubling that is a good sign.  If not, probably a miscarriage or even tubal pregnancy.
Wishing you good luck!
Dr B