Pregnancy Expert Forum
Showing early

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Showing early
Im only 3 weeks but I look like 3 months. Why is that??
Hi Carly,

I'm having the same issue.  I'm only 4 weeks and have already gained 5 lbs since conception.  I haven't changed my eating habits but I have been picking up extra sleep, not intentionally but now I'm always tired.  I'm assuming from an increase in sleep that I'm not moving around as much and my appetite has increased a little; but from what I have read it's water weight and adjustments being made to your body that causing the weight gain.  Supposedly it should reverse in a couple of weeks but by then you have baby weight gain...you can't win!  I was hoping I can get through the first 3 months without buying new clothes!  I have also heard you can pick up some light exercise that will keep your weight down...that is if your up to it!

Good luck....
Hello! I am 8 weeks but I also have been showing early. I went through IVF so some of it was bloating but that has gone away now and i def have a bump. My pants are too tight and I went and bought a bella band to stay in my pre pregnancy clothes. I def look bigger but from what Ive read its jsut that some women (first pregnancy too) show sooner than others for whatever reason.

Hope this helps!

How are you feeling?? 3 weeks as in you found out 3 weeks ago or 3 weeks as in you just found out your pregnant?