Pregnancy Expert Forum
Sick all the time

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Sick all the time

I am 5 weeks 6 days pregnant with my second and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to make this nausea a little less or go away. My first pregnancy was easy with no sickness or anything. I can't even open the fridge without feeling like I'm about to vomit. Any help is appreciated
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would consider prescribing Zofran for you.  It is a very good anti-nausea medication.  I would use is sparingly though, only on your worst days, so as to minimize any exposure to the baby.
One thing to remember is that usually the bad symptoms mean that the pregnancy is healthy.  Also, since you didn't have it last time, it may mean a different gender this time around!
Good luck!
Dr B
I was really sick in the beginning and my Dr prescribed Zofran!
You could try peppermint tea? Its supposed to be good for nausea and is a natural remedy.
Eat some saltine crackers when you wake up and snack on them throughout the day with some Ginger Ale that really helped me around 5 weeks!
I had severe morning sickness with my first. I swear by having a nutragrain bar in the morning. If you can keep one or two down, it might help. It didn't make all the nausea go away, but it definitely helped.
Thanks everyone
Buy SeaBand. It should be sold at most drug stores. It helps a lot. Also try ginger tea and don't forget to have some crackers before u get out of bed in the am. I had a bad morning sickness for 2 months and couldn't eat any meats or anything else other than potatoes and noodles. Good luck. It should go away soon.
My dr gave me zofran as well as phenagren. I have to take the zofran almost daily. I can't keep anything down. I have increased my water intake  drank ginger ale... Crackers help some. I found that i can eat the ritz with peanut butter and it helps with not feeling like im starving and nauseous at Same time. Good luck.
Isn't thos pills very harmful for your baby? I'm sick all the time and I've been doing all the tricks I hear about but nothing seems to help. I never want to eat anything with flavor and its very difficult. I feel so dizzy when I stand for to long and I feel like I can't get anything done because of this
With my first child I was sick the entire pregnancy, it even put me in the hospital several times because I got dehydrated. My Dr. prescribed zofran for me and I had to take one every day for my whole pregnancy, and my son came out perfectly healthy! He is now 2years old and doing just fine! Everyone is different but it worked for me and had no harmful effects to my so..... Talk to your Dr and see what he says.
brush your tongue alot! Everymorning when I get up the first thing I do is brush my teeth and tongue scrub the very back of your tongue alot. Even if it makes u gag or spit up because it will help you a ton. Right after you can eat breakfast like normal and you'll feel better make sure you dont over eat or that will make it ten times worse. Anytime you start feeling like u have that saliva feeling
brush your tongue alot! Everymorning when I get up the first thing I do is brush my teeth and tongue scrub the very back of your tongue alot. Even if it makes u gag or spit up because it will help you a ton. Right after you can eat breakfast like normal and you'll feel better make sure you dont over eat or that will make it ten times worse. Anytime you start feeling like u have that saliva feeling go scrub your tongue even it it makes you puke and I promise youll feel better.
Wondering y my vaginal bone hurting anytime I sit an am only 14 weeks now an always could eat sometimes an then don't wanna see no kind of food was great with my 1st boy but baby #2 have me sick everyday helppppp.
Peppermint, speriment... Such as gums, and pregnancy "pops" at maternity stores.
I went to babys r us and bought prego pops they are amazing!!!! Even helped during labor!!!
I've heard sea bands rly help. That's what I'm gonna trytry
I'm 26wks pregnant with my 2nd child but with my first I was sick for the whole 9mths I asked for zofren but not every Dr will give it to me that would stop the vomiting but had a little nausea still but helped so much highly recommend it its just expensive
I am 21 weeks now with my 1st and have been in the hospital 4 times so far for fluids from vomiting so much. I have been given zofran, reglan, phenergan suppositories, and pepcid (just a try..), NOTHING...and I mean nothing worked for me. We also bought the sea bands which didn't help. I am still getting sick all the time but haven't been to the hospital in -about- a month now so that's good. Good luck but I think some people really do not find an answer for nausea/vomiting during pregnancy. I could only get relief when sitting in the warm bathtub! I have been so extremely sensitive to everything...touch on my skin, air from the ceiling fan, smells of anything, and especially trying to listen to someone talk to me....my sickness has been that bad but they say the baby is healthy and everything is ok. I don't get it....
This is interesting. I will have to try this out...nothing else has helped! Thanks!!!
I am 10 weeks pregnant with my 2nd and have the worst morning sickness. I had very little nausea with my first but this one I'm actually puking. My dr put me on Diclectin which has helped since I found what dosage I need. I also eat soda crackers before I wake up. Good luck!