Pregnancy Expert Forum
Tail bone pain (pregnancy related?)

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Tail bone pain (pregnancy related?)
for the past month I've had a really sore tail bone and I don't know the cause....I haven't fell or anything but it hurts when I sit down and since I don't know what I did I was wondering if it might be another strange pregnancy thing....

I'm 21.3 weeks pregnant with twins

It may be related to the increased laxity of the pelvic bones due to the pregnancy.  Have your ob or midwife examine you at your next visit.

Best regards,

Dr. Downing
Not sure about twins, but my sencond child was way, wasy worse than my first. My hips spread so far out about 28 weeks, it was like i could even feel the ground beneath me. I was a cluts, with know balance and always sore. I am sure i has to be worse carring two childern. Good Luck and Best Wishes.
A related discussion, fractured tailbone and a twin pregnancy was started.