Pregnancy Expert Forum
Threatened Miscarraige(miscarriage)

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Threatened Miscarraige(miscarriage)

So I came back from the er a few days ago and found out that I have a threatened miscarraige (miscarriage). The dr mentioned when they did they ultrasound that the amniotic sac is there but they're not seeing any growth and the my hormone levels have dropped. I'm supposed to go back tomorrow to get my hormone levels checked. And quite frankly I'm terrified. This is my second pregnancy I have a 6 year old little girl. My husband hasn't taken ithe news quite hard and has completely avoided me ever since. Has anyone ever gone through something like this? Did everything work out okay?
Hi!
If you were patient, I would advise you that I am sorry for your loss.
Once the levels begin to drop, the miscarriage is inevitable.  Your doctor may give you medication to help you expel the sac, or may offer to do a surgical procedure to help clean your uterus.  It sounds like your husband was really invested in this pregnancy and is just feeling the loss in his own private way.  If you have been trying for a long time, go get evaluated for infertility as soon as you have gotten beyond the miscarriage.  Don't waste any time.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Reach out to a close family member or friend. Something similar did happen to be but I am now 10 weeks with another...have hope and get the answers tomorrow
I had a threatened miscarriage of course everything turned out ok with me im 22 weeks now
I have a question the doctor say I am suppose to be 12 weeks pregnant but when they took a ultrasound it say 6 weeks n 5 days how is that n my last period was in Nov 16 2012 I don't know what's going on with my pregmancy. Please help me
Im going through the same thing. All we can do is pray and try again.
Same thing happened with me. I went to the er because i was having some spotting. The er physician told me that i was either having a miscarriage or haf already had one. They did an ultrasound and told me there was nothin inside the amniotic sac. They did take blood and said my blood test was positive for a pregnancy. He advised that follow up with my regular obgyn. I was a total wreck. A few days later i went to see my obgyn and he did an ultrasound also and while he was doing it i heard him say there it is. I was so relieved. He turned the monitor to me and i could se the little sac with my baby in it. I was ecstatic!!! Funny thing 5 years later that baby in the sac was actually 2 babies and they are now happy healthy beautiful tein girls. Hope this helps
*twin
It sounds like you have a blighted ovum, which is when the sac develops, but nothing grows inside. I am no expert, but I had the same thing with my first pregnancy. I started to bleed at 8 weeks and when they did the US the dr could not see anything inside the sac. Some people could not understand why I was mourning the loss of a baby that was "never there", but for me this little life existed. I became pregnant again before my menstrual cycle returned and my little boy will be turning 2 in April. I had another miscarriage at 12 weeks in November 2012 and they could not tell me why this happened. I am currently 5 weeks pregnant and praying that everything will work out fine this time. Will be thinking of you! Please keep us posted. x
I was pregnant in December of 2012 found out went to the doctor and he said I was only showing for 5 and a half weeks when I should have been 9 and a half but my hcg levels were really high then a couple days later I started spotting which then got hevier so we went to the hospital they said everything looked fine but my levels had dropped so when I went back to the doctors a week later they said u had a miscarriage and did a d and c the following Monday. And I am currently 5 weeks and 2 days pregnant and I'm just hoping and praying for the best. I go for my first doctor visit on Thursday. Keeping u in my thoughts tho
hi dear. i think you really need help concerning this and i don't think it is ordinary but i think if you try out some herbal medicine, all will be well. if you are interested in it, just mail on brian_08lee at yahoo ******* and i will introduce the buyer to you.