Pregnancy Expert Forum
Tubes tied

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Tubes tied
2 years and 5 months age I got my tubes tied. I missed a period.  Can a woman become pregnant if their tubes are tied?

Yes, a woman can become pregnant after a tubal ligation.  The risk of a tubal ligation failing is generally less than one percent, however there is some degree of difference depending upon the technique used to accomplish the tubal ligation as well as the age at which the patient underwent the tubal (younger women are more likely to fail).  Also, if a woman becomes pregnant after a tubal she is more likely to have an ectopic pregnancy (specifically a tubal ectopic).  

Given this last fact, I'd recommend a visit to your local ob/gyn.

Best regards,

Dr. Downing
A related discussion, Follow-up to pregnancy after tubal was started.
A related discussion, I'm i pregnant was started.
I had a tubal a little over two years ago, in january I got my period and then two weeks later I got it again but that time was for two weeks after it was over I been having symptoms of a pregnant woman but no pains or anything else just morning sickness dizziness and even sore breast is it possible that I might be pregnant? By the way I am 29yrs old just in case of the age thing having to do with anything. thanks in advance