Pregnancy Expert Forum
Tumor?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Tumor?

I have what seems to be some kind of growth on my lower abdomen. I am 30 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child. I have never seen or had something like this before. I had a big round belly up until about 2 weeks ago, now there is what looks and feels like a mass the size of a baseball cut in half at the very base of my belly. I go to see a doctor Tuesday for a normal checkup but I want to find out sooner if I need to go in asap. It's kinda freakin me out it's also slightly discolored from the rest of my belly, almost like a loss of color actually. Please help!
Hi!
Some things just have to be seen!  It is hard for me to visualize, but here are some thoughts!

Something that would come up that fast would suggest either a hernia or swelling to me.
Are you swollen anywhere else?  Is the area tender? Can you reduce it? (push it in?)

Another possibility would be a lipoma (or benign fatty tumor) these tend to grow during pregnancy with the associated weight gain.

I hope I'm not totally off base!  I don't think it is an emergency unless it is growing really quickly or becomes painful or inflammed. But if it does start to hurt or cause other problems--just ask your ob to take a peek!

Good luck!

Congratulations on your baby!

Dr B
Thank you! Im not swollen anywhere else and it's not painful, however I cant sense any sort of feeling on it. If I pinch it or touch it I cannot feel it...it's just weird. It hasnt gotten any bigger and even if I lay on my sides it's still very much there. I can push on it and it's neither hard nor soft and it doesnt go away when I do that it kinda pushes everything around it. Thank you again, I will have my doc look at it when I go in on Tuesday.