Pregnancy Expert Forum
Tuna while pregnant

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Tuna while pregnant

I've been craving Tuna, I tried avoiding it because I heard it wasn't good to eat while pregnant.. but the crrraaaavvviiinnngggss! I'm 11 weeks, so since I'm still early in my pregnancy, maybe I could have some!?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you to limit the amount of tuna you eat to one can per week. The reason for the concern is the mercury levels in tuna (and other fish) are high enough that eating more than that can be detrimental to your developing baby.  You should probably check with your doctor regarding her/his recommendations as they may differ from mine.
Good luck!
Dr B
A couple of cans a week is okay, so go for it :-D enjoy x
The paper I got from my Dr says I can have 1 can of chunk light tuna a week but only 1 can of chunk white tuna a month.
I've been craving tuna to
I ate lots of tuna on my first trimester. Now I'm on my last trimester and baby is healthy and kicking up a storm. :)
My doctor said it was fine to have tuna 2-3 times a week. :)
I'm on baby number Five.  Love reading and learning about pregnancy.  What I've learned from doctors and multiple sites is chunks light is safer then white. And I love white but it's safer. Less mercury that's why it's not safe to eat more then couple of times a week:)  but it is good for you and ok to eat couple times.  Good luck :)  
Girl i just ate tuna like 2 hrs ago. And read this litterally in the mist of reading this i threw it all up. If u have morning sickness id advise u not to eat tuna. Ehh it was horrible. Never ever again will i eat tuna. Sorry tmi
I am doing the same thing trying to avoid it. Is it a little safer when you cook if. Like tuna patties?
wtf. tunas all i can eat nowadays. canned tuna and i have 2 tuna sandwiches a day for like 4 days a week but mind you the person that makes it is REALLY skimpy on the tuna hah so my intake is about 2-3cans a week.. thank god -___-