Pregnancy Expert Forum
Vaginal Cyst during pregnancy
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Vaginal Cyst during pregnancy

Hi,

A few days ago, I felt a large lump on the inside of my vagina. its feels like its located under my clitoris but above my vaginal opening. That same day I found out that I was pregnant. I'm about 3-4 weeks. It felt painless, but my vagina feels dry and itchy. Is this lump due to my pregnancy or could it be something else?

Related Discussions
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
First of all congratulations!
It sounds like you may have two things going on.  The lump may be a Skene's gland cyst, or a Gartner's duct cyst.  These are both harmless, and can be drained if they are bothersome.  If the lump is not tender, it is very UNLIKELY to be infected.
It also sounds like you may have a yeast infection--the dry itchy symptoms suggest that.
You will most likely get a pap and pelvic exam at your first OB visit.  Be sure to discuss the above with your doctor!
It IS safe to use the over-the-counter yeast medications when you are pregnant.  I usually recommend Femstat.

Good luck!
Dr B
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker