Pregnancy Expert Forum
WHEN DO I TAKE AN HPT??

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

WHEN DO I TAKE AN HPT??

HI, ME AND MY HUSBAND HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CONCEIVE FOR 2 YEARS. WE HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX EVERY DAY..IM SERIOUS WE WANT THIS VERY BAD. ANY WAY FEB 2010 I DIDNT HAVE A PERIOD. I HAD 3 DAYS OF VERY LITE BROWN DISCHARGE ONLY WHEN I WIPED AFTER PEEING. IT DIDNT EVEN MARK THE PANTIE LINER. I HEARD ITS FROM IMPLANTATION BLEEDING. IF THIS HAPPENED ON THE 11th AND ENDED ON THE 14th WHEN WILL THE HCG HORMONE SHOW UP?? IVE TAKEN 2 TESTS. one ONE THE 11th AND ONE ON THE 19th. I KNO IM PREGNANT. I JUST HAVE TO BE. HOW LONG AGAIN UNTIL I SHULD TEST SO THAT THE HORMOME IS EXTEMELY PRESENY. PLEASE HELP. IM GETTING SO ANXIOUS THAT IT GETS ME DEPRESSED. PLEASE AND THANX.
Hi!
MOST pregnancy tests will turn positive by the time the period is missed.  So, for example if your period is Due Feb 24, the test should be positive by Feb 24-25.  It should DEFINITELY be positive by the following week.  If it is not, very likely, you are not pregnant.  I ALWAYS recommend getting a confirmatory blood test though.

If you are not pregnant on this try (unfortunately I don't think you are ) you should definitely consider seeing a good doctor to get some testing done.  It may be that you are not ovulating, or that your tubes are blocked, or that his sperm count is low and that's why it is taking so long.  ALL of these things can be treated, so go and get checked if you really want a baby!

Good luck!
Dr B
hi well if it helps any i took a test from the dollar store the day before my monthly was suppose to come it showed neg and the the 28th which is when i was suppose to start i took another and it was positive faint but good enough you could see it haha so i guess it just depends on your hcg levels i think you should test again it should show good luck keep us posted
I think you should have your  HCG level tested... clear blue said I was
preggo it turns out I was not and about the spotting I had that this time I am pregnant and the last time(lost at 5 months), so you could be.  It also took us 3 years before I got preggo with our first kid she is now 5.