Pregnancy Expert Forum
Weird Symptom
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Weird Symptom

I am 28 week pregnant today and I also have hypothroidism.  Yesterday as I was in the shower I had the most weird symptom of all.  My legs were numb and as the day went on the symptom moved into my back and last night it was my entire body.  I can feel movements and stuff, but if I itch and scratch I can not feel the area or if I even rub the area.  Is this pregnancy related or is my thryrod going nuts.  I can still walk around and do stuff, but IM NUMB!
Related Discussions
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
I certainly hope by now that you've been to your doctor and everything has been sorted out!  My first impulse in a case like yours would be to check the baby and also your thyroid functions.  After that, I might consult with a neurologist.
If you think of it, send me a message about what they discovered, and how it all turned out!
Good luck!
Dr B
2 Comments
Blank
My doc said my back is arching causing nerves in my spine to be pinched sending numb sensation to parts of my body.  The weight of my unborn and my weight are both contributors.  The symptoms went away for about a week, but returned a few nights ago.  I noticed that if I sit up too long or lay on my left side I will feel numbness every now and then.  I also noticed that if my baby moves down, it will also create the same symtoms (symptoms). Weird if you ask me!!  Thanks!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now