Pregnancy Expert Forum
Why is my body rejecting pregnancies?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Why is my body rejecting pregnancies?

I had a miscarriage in January. I did another pregnancy test last week...ok I did three. I couldnt believe the results.. all were positive. I was so excited yet a bit cautious. I had my hcg levels done on Friday and Yesterday. The first one was over 700, the second over 500. I dont know why this is happening again. Im trying for baby #4. Im so disappointed. The nurse told me a miscarriage is happening and what to expect, the cramping, heavy bleeding etc. Then she wants me to do another hcg a week from today. I asked if she had the numbers confused, its so disappointing.
I'm sorry for your loss.  If you have had 3 or more losses I suggest you see a ob/gyn to initiate a recurrent pregnancy loss work up.

Best regards,

Dr. Downing
I am sorry to read your comment but, I am going through the exact same thing I can get pregnant with no problem but, cannot carry them for some un-known reason. Have you gone thruogh ant testing?? like clotting Def. or Chromosome testing? It is very confusing to me too...
Hi Stace27
I'm so sorry you miscarried, its just awful, but have hope hun, I read that people who have miscarriages do get pregnant again and carry the pregnancy full term with healthy babies. I found out my mom had many miscarriages before having 6 kids. So there is proof of that :)
No I havent done any testing yet, though I have three children already and never had a problem with those pregnancies. My doctor told me to expect bleeding, cramps etc then she wants me to redo the hcg test next week, after that I will see her. Im sure she will do other tests later on. Thanks for your answer and concern .
i've had one def m/s at 15(10 years ago), i didnt get pregnant again till 2006, and lost it in a car accident(didnt even know i was preg, and nurse just said i was and expect an m/c but never really passed anything)....

now i'm finally pregnant, 10 YEARS after my *true* pregnancy, and i'm so excited.....i'm sorry for your loss(es), but i was very hopeful, and ya know what? this little *man*(i'm hoping!), couldnt have come at almost a worse time, but *he* came to me when i least needed or wanted it and when having a baby was the last thing i was thinking about....

but here it is! you've had other previous births right? so you should be ok, and believe me it'll happen when *it* is ready! i know people hate hearing that and i've heard it's tacky, but i really think *they* choose us, and when they are ready, we are no matter what we think!!!

good luck ttc again and i hope all works out for you!

please i need a solution to virgina dryness, also i have pains while making love
I REALLY DONT NO WAT DA PROBLEM IS I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WIT DRYNESS I'V ALWAYS BEEN VERY WET WHEN IT CUMS DOWN TO HAVING SEX.... MAYBE U SHOULD TRY USING KY JELLY TO GET STARTED... AND DAT MAY BE THE REASON Y U R HAVING PAIN DURING SEX...
IM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT UR LOSS... JUS HAVE FAITH AND PRAY ABOUT IT... KEEPING TRYING UNTIL U SUCESSED. U SHOULD ALSO TALK TO A GYNO TO SEE Y UR NOT ABLE TO CARRY THE BABY 4 A LONG TERM... GOOD LUCK!
hi there. I am not a doctor but I believe in this stuff! have you ever heard of progesterone cream  ? My aunt  misscarred 4 times and the doctors told her she would never have a child. Determined that they were wrong she started using progesterone cream she used it through her whole pregnancy and she now has a 5 year old son. She swears buy that stuff and so do many other woman! You can look it up on the internet! many woman also use it to help with PMS ..Ha i used it for about 3 weeks to help with mood swings from PMS and BOOM Im now five months pregnant! ofcourse its not the only reason i got pregnant :) but it played a huge part!  Its wonderful stuff! :) and its all natural....