Pregnancy Expert Forum
Will I go full term

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Will I go full term

Im 7 weeks and 3 days pregnant, I had a pain in my left side at 5 weeks and went to the er, they took blood and told me to come back 48 hours later. 48 hours later they said there was no need to repeat the blood test as my levels were high(not sure what they were) I had an us and saw the sac. I had another scan at 6wks 6 days and there was a strong heartbeat. Im really nervous that something is going to go wrong (like all moms to be). When can I relax and know that there is no chance of miscarraige (miscarriage).

The risk of miscarriage remains, however the presence of a visible fetal pole and fetal heart rate decrease that risk substantially.  

Pregnancy is an exciting and nerve racking time.  Try to embrace more than the nerve racking part, because there is plenty to enjoy.

I wish you well,

Dr. Downing
THE BLOOD TESTS WERE TO CHECK THE LEVELS OF YOUR PREGNACY......IF THE LEVELS WERE HIGH THEN IT MEANS ONE THING AND LOW MEANS ANOUTHER......YOU CAN HAVE AMISCARRIAGE AT ANYTIME.....MOST OF THE TIME YOUR CLEAR AFTER 12 WEEKS BUT IT CAN HAPPEN AT ANYTIME....TAKE IT EASY AND GOOD LUCK!
I am currently in the same situation.  I also went to the ER with pain in right side and was kept overnight.  The next day, an ultrasound was done and they found a cyst on my right ovary.  This is apparently a cyst that develops on the ovary during pregnancy to provide the hormone to your body so that you want reject the pregnancy.  The cyst is actually supposed to be there. They are called corpus luteal cysts.  Mine just happened to be bigger than normal and thats why it was causing pain.  The Dr. said they usually disappear by week 12. I dont know if this is like what you experienced, but try not to worry (easier said than done).  I, like you, worry every day that my baby is safe.  I'm sure we will feel relieved when we can actually fell those little kicks and know the baby is alive and moving.  Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.
Thanks for the replies,I think its just re-assurance I need. I too had suffered from cysts on my ovaries and was told my ovaries were badly damaged and getting pregnant without help was unlikely....Didnt need any help this time!!!! hopefully everything will be ok, and hopefully i'll relax when I feel movement - positive thinking always helps.