Pregnancy Expert Forum
any suggestions

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

any suggestions

I'm almost 8 weeks pregnant and I can't sleep @ all @ night and I'm exhausted during the day.... help!!!
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that you could try Unisom or Benadryl sleep aids.  If those didn't work, I would consider prescribing something like Ambien for a few days.
There are also lots of other things to do, such as exercise in the afternoon (not right before bedtime) avoid caffeine and try herbal teas.
Warm milk (it has to be warm) really does have a sedative effect.
Good luck!
Dr B
I have had the same thing in my first pregnancy...have you tried different positions and or sleeping with a pillow....and sleeping on your side?
I have the same problem had it with all 5 pregnancies...best thing for me was a heating pad chamomile tea and honey....also a steaming hot bubble bath with Epsom salt with lavender...hope you feel better I'm going to be 6 weeks tomorrow hun I hope you feel better soon
I find that I sleep way easier on the couch then in my bed. Maybe you should give that a try?
I use ear plugs when I sleep it helps me a lot. I wake up constantly because I have to use the restroom and have trouble falling asleep. Don't use medication unless you absolutely have to.
Since you are so early there isnt any sleep aids normedicine you can take nor would you want to take. Warm milk, deep breaths, pillows in between your legs/knees, along with keeping yourself cool could help. Im 9 weeks today and barely sleep but some of these things I have listed have helped for a extra few hours of much needed sleep. i
Hello!
I am almost seven weeks pregnant, and this is my first pregnancy.During the day, I just feel lazy and tired, but at night muscles/joints in my legs boyher me to the point I can't sleep and I start to sweat. It's every night like clockwork, and it's been going on for about a week. I dread tnr nighttime. Is there anything I can do to get some relief? Thanks!
Benedryl! I've taken it the whole pregnancy my ob said it was perfectly fibe bc i wasn't resting at night!
Im 13 weeks n i cant sleep