Pregnancy Expert Forum
are cramps normal this early????

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

are cramps normal this early????

Im 6 weeks pregos an im having cramps is that normal???
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would reassure you that cramping early on is quite normal.  Especially if this is your first pregnancy.  Mild occasional cramping is nothing to worry about unless it becomes severe or is associated with bleeding.  It never hurts to check with your doctor too.
Good luck!
Dr B
They were for me. As long as they aren't worse than menstrual cramps. If they are nadd, id go to the ER
Yeah im 9 weeks and 5 days and im cramping also!! Now tht i knw its normal.. Thats a relief!!
I am 7 weeks and am having cramps with some light bleeding and am freaking out. Waiting for the Dr to call me back. I have note had an u/s our anything yet and I just want to know everything I is gonna be ok.
I just l lost my baby. =(
I would say if you are questioning anything get it checked out. I had tons of people saying oh yeah I had that. Everyone is different. Best of luck to all of you. I will be trying again.
I cramped untill 12 weeks ....had to stop workinng n b put on bed rest. So glad I got preggo after high school !
Totally normal. I freaked out too. I had a prior miscarriage so I'm super sensitive to every little thing that happens. I've read it's because your uturus is stretching to prepare for the baby. I'm 11 weeks now and still have light cramping from time to time.
You are only 6 weeks so you should still have morning sickness. If you do that means your hormone level is high enough and the baby is fine. This is my second pregnancy and my doctor told me that the first time because I was so afraid of miscarriage. I hope this helps!
I'm 15 weeks & I still get cramping... ya gotta think your baby is growing constantly so your bound to feel your body changing to accomidate them as they grow xXx
My doc said it was normal due to uterus stretching. I'm 5 weeks and I had cramping with spotting...it was due to a urinary tract infection.
Cramping during first trimester is very common. Some women experience it and others dont as well as morning sickness. Every woman is different, I suffered a MC in 2010 at 8 weeks. Had light cramps and heavy bleeding. Now I am 8 months pg with first baby. My advice to you is don't over think and try to remain as stress-free and positive as possible. This time around I've  had little to no symptoms and baby has been fine. If you aren't experiencing symptoms don't worry! Best wishes to you and baby and happy holidays :-)
Is slight cramping and very light spotting only when I wipe for the most part normal? I'm 4 to 6 Weeks pregnant I just found out last night but I had a miscarriage in Oct.
When I had bad cramping I had a uti.. so if I was you I'll go to the doctor just in cases
When I had bad cramping I had a uti.. so if I was you I'll go to the doctor just in case
I'm 7 weeks and cramping on and off. Sometimes the cramps be more severe than normal. Im going to the doctor as soon as possible. It scares me to even think of miscarriages. Some people tell me it's normal to cramp others tell me that's not a good sign. Its time to get the doctors say!!
I have a question. I'm supposed to start my period in 2 days I have been thinking I'm pregnant because I've been cramping for 7 days and feeling nauseous. I did a workout today and afterwards I had light red spotting. Its been a few hours and I haven't noticed any since. What would cause this? Could I he pregnant?
Hi I m/c Thursday I was 5 weeks honeymoon baby!! Anyway was just like normal period that was 2 weeks late.. I and husband feel ready to try again.... Just wondering do you ovulate 10 to 14 days after m/ c??? Going test for - hcg test next Thursday and they try again... Any advice!!!
Hi I have had two kid already and miscarrie 3 times early, between 5 and 10 weeks... that being said I'm 5 weeks now and feel slight cramping. Sooooo hard not to worry:/
Its normal..more than likely its your uterus stretching and getting bigger. I was cramping also but as it turns out it was because I have a cyst on my ovary. But that is also normal and goes away on its own usually.
Thank God I'm cramping to n I was getting worried:-)  it's a relief
I'm sorry for your loss:-(  good luck on Ur jorney don't give up. I'm glad to know it's normal to cramp cause I'm 2months n I am
It happened to me this is my first pregnancy. Turns out its normal and one of the reason for cramps is baby growth and body adjustment for the pregnancy! Hope this helps.
I'm five days and four days, I have like hot crampy feelings here and there that last a couple seconds...not bad pain all and so far no bleeding or spotting...I'm not sure if that is normal or not ...
I'm five weeks and four days pregnant, I get a hot crampy feeling in my stomach, it don't hurt at all and it only lasts a couple seconds...I'm not bleeding or spotting ...does that sound normal?