baby
if at 7 week scan a haemorrhage 8mm was spotted could that have affect on my baby who was born at brth diognosed with brain haemorrhage
Hi!
I'm sorry to hear that your baby had a brain hemorrhage.  I hope it was mild, and that the majority of problems resolve quickly!  The subchorionic hemorrhage on your 7 week scan was almost certainly UNrelated.  A subchorionic hemorrhage is a collection of blood between the gestational sac and the uterine wall.  These are quite common, and usually resolve spontaneously.  They heal by reabsorption--similar to a bruise.
A neonatal brain hemorrhage is MOST commonly caused by prematurity, but can also be seen in term infants.  If the baby had a stressful birth, or required oxygen, or if there was any evidence of infection, etc.  these types of issues would much more likely be related to the brain hemorrhage.
I hope this helps!
Dr B
i had two vessels in my cord and whan the placenta was delivered it had 1.5cm old haemorrhage in it could that be a reason for my baby who was full term diogonsed at birth with brain haemorrhage
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.