Pregnancy Expert Forum
baby
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

baby

if at 7 week scan a haemorrhage 8mm was spotted could that have affect on my baby who was born at brth diognosed with brain haemorrhage
Related Discussions
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
I'm sorry to hear that your baby had a brain hemorrhage.  I hope it was mild, and that the majority of problems resolve quickly!  The subchorionic hemorrhage on your 7 week scan was almost certainly UNrelated.  A subchorionic hemorrhage is a collection of blood between the gestational sac and the uterine wall.  These are quite common, and usually resolve spontaneously.  They heal by reabsorption--similar to a bruise.
A neonatal brain hemorrhage is MOST commonly caused by prematurity, but can also be seen in term infants.  If the baby had a stressful birth, or required oxygen, or if there was any evidence of infection, etc.  these types of issues would much more likely be related to the brain hemorrhage.
I hope this helps!
Dr B
2 Comments
Blank
i had two vessels in my cord and whan the placenta was delivered it had 1.5cm old haemorrhage in it could that be a reason for my baby who was full term diogonsed at birth with brain haemorrhage
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now