Pregnancy Expert Forum
back pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

back pain

well im 16 years old an im 21 weeks pregnant! and having a boy!! :) latley ive been eperiencing really BAD lower back pains!!!! & im just so confused on a lot of things! well i asked my doctor and she said its normal to be experiencing back pains at this time in my pregnancy!!! but the pain is just horrible!!! is there any suggestions you guys have for me!??? PLEASE! and im also worried about going into early labor! can yu guys give me some details on that!!!??
HI!
Congratulations!  A couple of things--
Back pain IS pretty normal in pregnancy because you have just added a bowling ball to your front, and your back is complaining. There are some pretty nifty tummy binders that can help support your belly and take pressure off of your back--ask your doctor or nurse about a maternity support.  Heat is OK to use on your back, and massage is OK too.  Tylenol can help if the pain is really bad.  Make sure you are wearing good shoes--no spike heels right now!
Also, about early labor--if you are already 36 weeks--the good news is you have passed the critical point, and no matter when your baby comes now, he will do well.
We almost never try to stop anyone's labor after 34-35 weeks.  If you have the opportunity to take any childbirth classes, you should definitely do it!  Also, some of my patients like the baby story channel on cable.  If you are "together"  with the dad, take him too! He will need it more than you will! Think strongly about an epidural--they are a gift from God in My opinion!
Good luck!
Dr B
The only advice I have for back pain is a warm (not hot) bath, regular strength Tylenol, and maybe a heating pad (though check with OB on that one first). Posture has a lot to do with it, as being pregnant we tend to slouch a little to make up for our growing bellies.)
yeah i talked to my OB and she said to take tylenol extra strength and ive takin a warm bath and a heating pad and nothing has helped at all! i mean the tylenol worked but it eased up on my back a tad bit! but idk! maybe i needa get checked for a UTI or something because they say that can cause back problems too but i dnt have any symptoms for a UTI! ???? idk!
Just wondering how you told your parents? and if they freaked out or what?
I took 2 pregnancy tests last night and both are positive and I am scared to death to tell my parents!!!  How did you decide to keep the baby???
i have a similar question as jessko. how did u tell your parents? im 21, 22 on the 30th, and my bf and i are so scared to tell our mums! any advice would be greatly appreciated :)