Pregnancy Expert Forum
c- section

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

c- section

Im 21 weeks and im curious if your scheduled for a c- section is it possible to go into labor before the date?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that yes, it is possible to go into labor before the c-section date.  Usually when that happens, the indication for the c-section is reviewed and the decision is made whether to allow labor to proceed or to move on to surgery on a non-elective basis.
C-sections can be done any time of the day or night if necessary.
It is just nicer if you can wait till your scheduled day and time!
Good luck!
Dr B
It's definitely possible but im not sure how common it is. My mum was scheduled for a section with me but I came earlier and I've had friends who have had the same thing happen
Thanks for the information