Pregnancy Expert Forum
cerclage removal anyone?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

cerclage removal anyone?

I need to know, has anoyone had a cerclage removal, how was it? and how long afterwards did labor occur? thanks
Tags: removal
Hi!
It may be a very good idea to consider having the cerclage removed under anesthesia.
It can be quite painful, depending upon which type of cerclage you have.  Usually, the removal is rather anticlimactic--in other words, nothing happens and you end up going home.  It would be nice if the cervix popped open and the baby came out, but that is not usually the case, in my experience.  Most people go several days to a few weeks before labor starts--I usually remove the suture at 36-37 weeks.
I hope this helps!
Congratulations in advance!
Good luck!
Dr B
I have had two done..with my first boy i had it removed without anesthesia and Dr B is correct it was painful, but my doc also induced me right after they removed it, and with my second son I had it removed under anesthesia and it was't painful at all and as soon as they removed it i dialated to a 3 but it still took help from meds to get my labor started. and both of mine were removed at 37 weeks so it was safe to deliver the babies. Hope this helps

MommyBattle