Pregnancy Expert Forum
clomid and testing

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

clomid and testing

How long do i have to wait to take a pregnancy test after the use of clomid?  I ovulated on wed, June 3rd and i am due for my period on June 15th.....i was told now that i have taken clomid my period will now be off and i will not get it when i am scheduled.  Can you give me some advice?
Hi!
If you take Clomid on the third day of your period/cycle, (and if it works) ovulation should occur on cycle day 14, and your period should occur 14 days after that.  Implantation should occur 10 days after ovulation, and after the embryo implants it begins to produce HCG which is what pregnancy tests detect--so the earliest that most pregnancy tests would be positive would be 10 days after ovulation or 4 days before the period is due.  

Usually, the most cost effective way to test, is to wait until the period is late, and test then. If you start testing before the period is due, you may end up spending lots of money on tests, and then have your period on schedule.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!
Dr B
that is not true..i was on clomid last cycle and did not get pregnant.i still had my period after 14 days of Ovulation...

so u can still expect ur period on jun 15...good luck
Thank you both your input it is greatly appreciated.