Pregnancy Expert Forum
concerned about my pregnancy

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

concerned about my pregnancy

my question is that, I am worried about about my pregnancy.....I am 11 weeks pregnant and at 10 weeks i went to see my doctor for the first time and she did the ultra sound and didn't see and fetus and hear any heartbeat.....so the doctor scheduled another appointment to check me after a week.......I am scared to death because the doctor told me probably i miscarried and didn't know about it....( i didn't have any cramping but little spotting here and there)...
any advise.....I am very worried...
Hi!
The first thing to do is to check hormone levels to find out what they are doing.  If they are increasing, you could have a very early normal pregnancy.  If they are dropping, the news is not so good.  
If your doctor saw a sac but no baby and no heart beat, and you are sure of your dates, then most of the time the diagnosis is blighted ovum.  This is extremely common and we don't know why it happens.
If this is the case, you can request a D&C to clean out the uterus, OR you can request cytotech to cause your uterus to expell the pregnancy without having to do through surgery.  I personally think it is terrible when people just have to "wait and let nature take its course" as that can be pretty disruptive to your life/emotions.

Unfortunately, the odds are that you do have a blighted ovum, but remember these two things:  It very unlikely to happen twice, and you CAN get pregnant!

Good luck!
Dr B
the same thing happened to me, my out come wasnt good, i didnt physically misscary till 15 weeks, and i found out there was no baby at 12

i hope things turn out better for you
Oh, I am tremendously sorry for your lost but I strongly believe that you have a miscarriage. In a stage as the later part of the first trimester, you shouldn't experience any type of spotting or bleeding. I advise you to not take it to the heart because the lost of a child could be a painful experience. A heartbeat should have been heard since the end of the first three weeks. I wish you and your husband the best of luck and I hope that the ultrasound was just a big mistake.
Will pre *** get pregnancy? my gf and i decided to fool around and she helped me to mastubate, there was precum but no semen. i not sure whether i did touched the precum but after that i started fingering her. this is the first time i started fingering her and she felt uncomfortable for a while. will she get pregnant because of this? please please tell me the answer, im super worried.
at 11 weeks i went to the doctor also...he didnt hear the heart beat but also said it was way too early to hear the heart beat....so no worries on that its normal.....but about the ultrasound....i dont really know...my ultrasound wasnt done until i was 18 weeks....but i have also miscarried...when you have one you know...it will be a heavy bleed like a period...with very intense cramping...but also you wont feel the baby kicking for a long time...my doctor told me that i wouldnt feel it until i was 18 to 23 weeks along....now im 27 weeks and i can feel her kicking the **** outta me...by the way dont listen to briniya...i found her comment very unintelligent...