Pregnancy Expert Forum
concerned

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

concerned

Im about 7 weeks pregnant with my first child and I've been cramping is that normal, it doesn't happen all the time just every now and then...
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that cramping in early pregnancy is very common and usually not worrisome.  If it just comes and goes as you mention, and if it is not severe, it is probably just your body adjusting to the new occupant.
IF the cramping becomes severe, unresponsive to medication such as acetaminophen, OR if there is any bleeding, you should give your doctor a call.
Good luck!
Dr B
Yup mild cramping is normal.  If it gets severe or the cramping is accompanied by bleeding then its not normal.  Still mention the cramping to ur doctor
Hi I am 8 weeks and was cramping a lot at week 7. It's one of the top symptoms of pregnancy at that stage. So long as they are no worse than normal monthly cramps and no bleeding there isn't anything to worry about.
Thanks to u both that puts my mind at ease.
You're welcome. I'm sure we are all full of worries at this stage... I know I am, so it helps to have others in the same boat :-)
Hi.  I'm 22 weeks pregnant with baby number Five.  With every single pregnancy I've had that it's called stretching of ligaments tendons muscles uterus:)  dr will call it usually round ligament pain.  Unless it gets really bad and your start bleeding in sure your.  Best way I described it is it feels like ur going to start your period at any min:)!  Good luck to healthy happy baby
Yea it does worry me but it's nice to know IM ok. I have been trying to eat healthy and I've cut back on smoking I went from smoking a pack a day to smoking maybe 3 or 4 cigarettes a day IM so proud of myself and IM very excited bout being a mommy :) thank u everyone who commented it makes me feel so much better!
All is well, dnt stress:)
Shouldnt smoke at all im sure you know this. Smoking can cause many problems with baby and raises your chances of mc. When the baby is more developed he or she will even stop inhaling fluid in the womb when you smoke. The cramps are normal but could be worsened by smoking. I think its better if you quit better for both of you. Best of luck nd congrats.