Pregnancy Expert Forum
cramping 32 weeks pregnant

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

cramping 32 weeks pregnant

I was cramping every hour on the hour yesterday all day from noon till 9 p.m. and then today as im at the library i keep getting little cramps about 30 seconds long or shorter every hour also this morning when i woke up a small amount of clear watery liquid slowly leaked into my underwear i just figured it was urine since i hadnt peed this morning yet. But ive never had urine leak before. I called my dr and he told me dont be worried till i get 4-6 in an hour but i want to stop something ahead of time. The cramps start low and move up my stomach and then some of them move to my back, should i still go in?
Hi!
Cramping is not particularly worriesome, unless it becomes regular, painful or more than 6 contractions in a hour.  I do hope that you mentioned the leakage of fluid to your doctor.
If you were my patient, I would ask you to come in so that I could check to see if your water has broken.  Also, be sure to monitor baby movement!
Good luck!
Dr B
Let me preface my answer by saying I am not a doctor. I am a recent graduate from a Practical Nursing program who is waiting to take her state licensing exam. I should also mention that OB was my lowest test score LOL

I'm surprised your doctor didn't have you come in so he could test the leaking fluid to see if it is amniotic fluid. It is a very easy test to do (it is just a little paper that turns color when it comes in contact with amniotic fluid)

The cramps are probably Braxton-Hicks contractions and are normal. I am concerned about the fluid though. If you have any more leakage, call you doctor ASAP and insist on a test.