Pregnancy Expert Forum
cramps easing up

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

cramps easing up

I've been confirmed by my doc that I am a little over 4 weeks 3 days. I've been having mild cramps for the last two weeks with nausea and exhaustion. The cramps have eased up today...is it normal for them to have pretty much stopped already?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that cramps come and go during pregnancy. They may ease up for awhile (especially in the early stages when the uterus isn't expanding as rapidly) and then come back again.  Some women don't have any cramping at all.
Severe cramping, or cramps associated with bleeding should always be reported to your doctor right away.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
When I was around 4 weeks I had really bad cramps for about a week/week and half then all of sudden one morning it just stopped and I haven't had much cramping since..
Negative test home...positive test in emergency room....help!
How far along apart did you do the at home test and go to the hospital? It may have been to early to tell. If the hospital said you were pregnant then you probably really are. The test they use are basically the same as a home test and if had blood drawn they will test that too which will also tell them if you're pregnant or not.

I went to the hospital early December and it came back negative but I took a home test a couple weeks later and it came back positive so I went back to the hospital to have them confirm it and I was.
Thank you!