Pregnancy Expert Forum
dental x-rays

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

dental x-rays
I am 15 weeks pregnant and i work in a dental office. That means i have to take a lot of x-rays on patients. My dentist had me stay away from taking x-rays for the first trimester, but now he thinks i am past the risky stage in my pregnancy and i should start taking x-rays again. What do you think?

If you are outside of the room (and you could where a shield yourself) you should have little or no exposure to the radiation.  Check with the staff regarding how much radiation each x-ray might theoretically expose you to and let your obstetrician know to counsel you regarding this matter.

Best regards,

Dr. Downing
I would like to know this too! I work in a office and I dont always take x-rays but sometime they need help,(but once a week) I wear a dlb. vest & hind behide the wall then I press the bottom  (they are digial). Iam 19weeks. Should I stop??