Pregnancy Expert Forum
due date calculation help

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

due date calculation help
My last normal period was april 28th. May 28th I found out i was pregnant. Then on June 6th I had a natural miscarriage. and just two days ago, I had a positive pregnancy test. So I'm a little confused. help anyone?
Hi!
If you were my patient, the first thing I would do is to check beta HCG blood levels to confirm that this is a new pregnancy. (It certainly sounds like it is!)  Once the levels were confirmed rising, and over 2000, I would ultrasound to determine the due date.
That is going to be your best estimate.

If you want to try a "guestimate"  you could use the miscarriage date ( 6/6 ) as a cycle day one date, with ovulation about 14 days later.  This is probably going to be off by a week or two though.

Good luck!
Dr B
Hello  sweetie,
It could be the remaining HCG from your previous pregnancy which i was told can stay in your system 4-6 weeks following m/c and since home tests are so sensitive now days they can pick up such slight traces of the hormone.

As the doctor lady above suggests maybe get bloods done 48hours apart to see if levels are rising or declining

I do hope you get the result u wish,
big hugs
andie xxx