Pregnancy Expert Forum
eatting habbits

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

eatting habbits

I know People Say Something About Not Eating Tuna I Just Really Wanted To Know Why? Cant i Eat Tuna Its One Of My Biggest Cravings..
The problem with tuna is the potential for mercury. mercury is poisen...ive read some articles that say to avoid it all together and some say limit to 6oz a week...
I was told a can of chunk light tuna once a week is okay but if its chunk white tuna only one can every 3 weeks. The white has more mercury than the light.
My doctor said its just fine to go ahead and eat as much as I want. The canned and frozen fish in the stores have very low levels of mercury compared to fresh caught fish. If you live on the Coast then be careful how much you eat and let your doctor know.

I had cravings for Tuna Helper when I was pregnant with my son. He was born on Sept 4, 2012, healthy and no serious birth defects just born with one ear (Microtia), not related to me eating tuna.
Oh man i know what you mean about craving it :' first 2 weeks of my cravings thats ALL I wanted :/ i ate a can a day for about 2 weeks and my daughter is growing like a weed and right on schedule :) so i think moderation is key like with everything and maybe the craving will die as quickly as it started
I ate tuna theoughout my first pregnancy and my son is 3 and healthy. I always rinse the tuna really well once it.comes out of the can. Im sure u will b ok. My doc said I was fine to eat it:)
you can eat tuna its on the low mercery list they just say not to eat more than 6oz a week, but i also crave tuna my doctor said get light tuna in water and i can have up to 10 oz a week :)
When pregnant with one of my kids I ate tuna and fish oil capsules like going out of style n my child has  absolutely no health problems and is one of those extremely smart kids - fish oil is great for brain development- so I say eat what u crave that is what ur body needs