Pregnancy Expert Forum
failed birth control results in BFP

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

failed birth control results in BFP
So here's my question I am a 36 year old mother of 2 my planned 3 year old , my Russian roulette 7 month out and my now "break thru" pregnancy, during the times we've had sexual intercourse since the 7 month old was born we've used both condoms and vaginal controceptive film, never once unprotected so when I got my BFP may 8 I was in shock and disbelief... Now I'm wondering does my procautions make the sperm bad? Can the sperm get messed up and cause defective pregnancy?
Hi!
Any spermicide that you may have used will not make the sperm "bad".
If the sperm made it through all the barriers, it was pretty darn healthy!
Of course it will be important to do all of the indicated surveillance, but your baby is probably just as healthy has his/her siblings!
Congratulations!
Dr B