Pregnancy Expert Forum
hcg levels

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

hcg levels

Is it possible that hormones can show a little later than what it is suppose to or can someone tell me bout it. I am having alot of symptoms and i haven't got my period yet
Are you late?
I guess i haven't had a period or bled since feb 12
I am in the same boat. I have all the preg symptoms and i am testing negative. Am I too early? When should I test?
i am new to it also. my very 1st pregnancy 30 years old. my hubby and i been trying for almost 10 years. now i go to hospital i found i missed my period when i started spotting brown after intercourse. been spotting since over 2 weeks well go to the doctor 1st she says you're definitely pregnant. hcg 11000 but then he orders ultrasound. nothing. hcg reading like i am over 6 weeks but both ultra vaginal and abdomin (abdomen) nothing. she said it could be to early but they did not see sac or anything. she said i probably had a miscarriage. looks like the fetus quit developing or its and etopic. no cramps just spotting over 2 weeks. how is the hcg 11000 and nothing
I had a similar problem. Last year after trying for about 2 years I missed my period and found out I was preg w/ home test. Went to prenatal appointments...everything was "fine" and they said it looked like a healthy preg. I had a scheduled ultrasound at 11 1/2 weeks. They did abdominal ultrasound and found nothing. Vaginal...also nothing. They actually thought I had something called a molar pregnancy but after D&C pathology said it was actually a missed abortion. The fetal tissue was 5 or 6 weeks....I was supposed to be 11 weeks by LMP and my HGC levels were at 5 months. The doctor said he did not know the reason for this. Actually he said there was not ne thing in my uterus according to the ultrasound...I went and got my ultrasound report a month or so later and there was a mass that was seven cm by 10 cm. Still dont know exactly what happens. If you find out, could you let me know? It would bring closure to the situation for me. Thanks
dont lose faith.most likely you are pregnant. i did 2 pregnancy tests and both showed negative but i had preg symptoms ie: fainting, nausea, tiredness.. 2 weeks later did another and showed i was pregnant.
How many weeks were you when it came back positive. How late were you when it showed negative
i was 2 weeks when i did the first test. 4 weeks when i did the second test and 6 weeks when my test came out positive..
See i wouldn't even know how far along i am and if I am pregnant when to test. I lost my baby on feb1 and bled until feb 12 and had sex feb 15, 20, 22, but i don't when i ovulated or anything.
ok heres my storey. Im now 2 weeks late actually about 18 days late . im NEVER late . i have sore boobs and about a cup size bigger i have had small amout of nausia Not vomiting And i keep getting that feeling you get in your boobs when you are letting your milk down i also feel warmer than usual.BUT i did HPT at 4 days late Bloods at Dcs at 6 Days late and another urine at 14 days late but all are NEG. but i feel so preggie. So am i or Not or could I be ???
Hey there, I'm sort of in the spot that you are. I haven't gotten my period yet and I should have had it on the 23 of March and it is no the 30th and still no signs of anything. I'm never late, I have been on depo for almost 3 years and since I stoped that in Oct/06 I have been back to normal the very next month. I have like 60 - 70% of the signs I'm prego. I have the nausea, fatigue, heartburn, sore boobs (that comes and goes on days), I have sore hips now, I have abdominal craps mostly in the middle but sometimes on the left, at night I have noticed that I wake up eaiser and more often. I am normally hot but now I've seemed to be even more hot, I find myself usually without most of my blankets on at night and somewhat sweating. I have taken 1 hpt and it was neg and then on Monday I went to the drs and got one doen there and it said I was neg again.
I feel that I am pregnant but I'm not sure what should I do!?
Hey everyone I'm 25 and a mom of 2 year old Identical twins... I recently found out I was pregnant again but.... My HCG levels dont seem to be ging anywhere! My dr is giving me the run around and I don't know what to think at this point! One day he tells me theres no hope and that I miscarried and then the next he says maybe you not as far along as we had thought!!  MY HCG levels are as follows:
3-21  20 HCG
3-23   21 HCG
3-25   22.5 HCG
3-27   23 HCG
3-29   23.2 HCG
3-30   24 HCG

I know in my heart that those numbers are not good and not good at all but is there any hope?? I had blood work lso done again today!!
Thanks in advance~
xoxoxox
Jenn
Hi well im 20 yrs old and i dunno what to think my HCG level last week was at 71 now it went up to 94 and today im going for another blood test! a yr ago i had a miscarriage in december of 06.. my last period was march 1,07 - march 5. thats the day it ended, then it took like 1 week for me to start spotting it lasted till the 29th of march then nothing came out.. i had no cramping, no pain, no chills and body temperature has been 96-97.8 i've been feeling great!!! but today i started again with like period symptoms but no cramps a bit of blood came out but only when i whipe, but this started april 1,07 i mean i got my period the first too and now its back to brown. 7 days ago i went to the ER and they told me that i had a miscarriage and they added so many **** to the papers that where going to be sent to the OBGYN that i was soaking pads and pain, and they even said that i might have an eptopic pregnancy but they did do an ultrasound there and all that and they didnt tell me anything.The only thing they just told me was  that i might be 4 to 5 weeks preg cause of the level... im not sure what to think of this no more! i dont want to loose hope! my OBGYN said it might be an early pregnancy or just wait for the worst!! can anyone help there on the HCG level and can it be normal? please help!
Im in the same boat!!! only mine are 71 then in 48 hrs 94!! Doctors are like that just dont let them do a D&C cause sometimes they arent really sure of whats happening. i had a friend who she was pregnant and had same reading the obgyn said she had to do a d&c cause it was needed asap! and then she went for a second opinion and there it was the sac a strong heartbeat, then she went back just to see if the obgyn would see anything she told her she saw the sac and fetus but no heartbeat but of course she was wrong!! so for anyone here go for a second opinion cause doctors can be terribly wrong!!!  I'll pray for u! and i pray for everyone pregnant goes by good, and for everyone to be healthy!!
Well I got my blood work back for Sat and my HCG was 18 which means I did miscarry! Its been a roller coaster ride from hell and being that this is my 8th miscarriage I have decided to get my tubes tied so that I no longer have to go through this pain that I swear gets worse with each one! I keep trying to tell myself that I dont want anymore kids but in my heart I would die to have more!! But it must be gods will!! Hugs to you all and Good luck to all of you!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox
Jenn
Hi, I'm new to this site and I have a couple of questions. I found out I was pregnant in December and I went for a 12week u/s on February15. Found out the baby stopped developing at 9weeks so the next day I had a D&C. Its now been about 7weeks since the D&C and no period. So I took 2 tests which showed positive, I called the Dr and they sent me right away to get my HCG levels. Could I be pregnant again or could it just be the hormones still there? What levels are good? My previous pregnancy my Dr was terrible and they wouldn't tell me anything, so I feel like I still new to this. I pray this time everything is ok and it doesn't happen again. Please let me know. Thanks.
I know how you feel. That happened to me in 05. I was 12 weeks pg and my baby had stopped growing at 6 weeks. Now that I am pg again (12 weeks today), I am staying on top of this pregnancy. I have already had 3 ultrasounds. Everything is going great so far. Sorry for your loss and good luck.
I had intercourse about two months ago. I have been feeling funny but no nausea, I have been tired but that is nothing new for me cause I am always tired. I spotted about six days after intercourse but I thought nothing of it. I am not gaining weight I am actually losing weight. My breast don't seem bigger and they have not been tender until now, which is the time for my period. I had one period since intercourse but it lasted 4 days instead of 5. I took a pregnancy test about 3 weeks after I had sex it was negative. I took another one about 3 days ago that too was negative. My stomach is a bit more round than usual but I thougt It was just because of my late night drinking "liquor' and eating. Today I thought I started my period but I'm not sure. I had cramps and all the other sypmtoms that I usually have when my periond comes around but the flow of blood is not as heavy as I thought it would be. Its enough to wear a pad but it seems to be decreasing by the hour. I'm scared that this is prepregnancy symptoms. I just want to know if I may be pregnant or am I just paranoid and stressed and thats why my body is reacting so funny? Someone please help me!
Hi everyone!! I just got news about my levels. I went to the dr appt yesterday and my levels were really good, he said 2800 or 28000. I can't remember after good I was on cloud 9. Anyways, that didn't confirm anything so he sent me next door and they did an ultrasound. The baby has a really strong heartbeat so far and its showing I'm 6wks2days. I just hope and pray that this time everything will be good. I pray for everyone else that as well!!!!
i had the first day of my last period on March the 6th and ended on the 10th I had unprotected sex on the 18th 19th & 20th, I went to the doctor on April 2nd I thought I had a urinary infection, the doctor came in a told me my pregnancy test and urinary were both negative, so I go out to pay and the nurse comes out and says the doctor needs to see me and I wait the doctor said that while I was gone my test slowly turned poitive, I thought that you would need to miss a period before a positve result appears, anyway does this sound accurate??   I am skeptical...
About 8 1/2 months ago i had a full molar pregnancy.........
After a d&c that included severe bleeding complications, i was told to wait 6 months to a year before again attempting to get pregnant....
So, about 3 months ago my levels went down to zero, and i was told that i could start trying to get preg.....
To my suprise, the first day of my last period was feb 17, and i just took 3 pregnancy tests and they came out pos.
i went to the doc yesterday for a sonogram, and they only saw the sak and the yolk sak, which is totally normal for a 5 or 6 week pregnancy, then i went today, and got blood work done, my nurse called me back and said my levels were 14000, and that my doctor said that at this point, with those levels that we should see a baby by now...i am so sad, dissappoimted, hurt, mad.........has anyone ever gone through this???
they still want me to come back in a few days and test my levels again.....and i have an appointment for next week for another ultrasound...........does this mean that this is another unhealthy pregnancy??

Please help!!!!
Please help. In May and Dec. 2006, I went through 2 etopic preg. I just found out I am pregnant again. I am very confused about the way Dr.'s measure the weeks of pregnancy. My LMP was March 14,2007. My husband and I had intercourse on March 26. According to the information I have gotten I should be approximately 4-5wks. My hormone levels yesterday(4/11) was 225, today they were 428(4/12). I had an ultrasound today and nothing was see. In my tubes nor my uterus. I am sooo confused. The Dr. said I could just be really early. He said my hormones are showing I should be 1-2 weeks. My dates are accurate. I have kept precise notes since the last 2 etopics. If I go by the days I could of concieved then I would only be 1-2 weeks. But if I go by the OBgyn's method of dates my levels are low. And I should be 4-5weeks. Can anyone tell me about the way the dates are.used. Could I be just 1-2weeks?
Hi everyone!  I have a very strange and confusing situation which no one seems to have an answer for.  about 3 weeks ago I found out I was pregnant, it was not a planned pregnancy so I was little shocked.  After 6 positive tests (denial) my boyfriend and I decided it was time to go to the doctor.  She basically confirmed what we already new and asked us to make an appointment for the following week.  The next day I began spotting followed by 10 days of heavy bleeding and 1 day of SEVERE cramping.  The doctors diagnosis was a miscarriage an ultrasound was able to see a 5 week sac in my uterus.  Over the next few days my husband and I made peace with what had happened and decided it wasn't meant to be.  On a follow up visit the following week the doctor says "good news your hcg levels are at 12,000 so your still pregnant!" once again in shock we couldn't understand what happened the previous week.  We followed up the visit with another ultrasound which 7 week sac with a weak heart beat.  So once again two days later heavy bleeding starts out of nowhere and ends about 6 hours later my hcg levels this day was at 19,000.  Nothing the following day then heavy bleeding starts in the middle of the night and ubruptly stops about 3 hours later.  So now I should be around 8 weeks pregnant, no one knows where the bleeding is coming from, today my levels were at 18,000.  I have no idea if I'm still pregnant or if I'm having / had a miscarriage and I don't have another appointment for 2 weeks!  What is going on!!
Hi Everyone,
I have a very wierd and upsetting situation & I'm not sure what to think or do.  Here goes,  b/c i didn't mark down my lmp I'm assuming that it was around 2/18. Ok so that puts me somewhere around 6/8 wks. when my primary doctor took blood on 3/16 my hcg level was at 343.  She informed me that i was between 1-3 wks preg. So now comes my first obgyn visit on 4/12.  There is a sac but no baby.  She didn't even see a fetal pole.  She sent me to the lab to get my hcg level.  Friday 4/13 HCG is 59,000.  She said that at that level there should be something in that sac.  I have to go again on Monday to get another level reading.  But my primary said that i should be around 4 weeks and that it's too early to see anything.  I think i'm longer then 4 wks but i can't be sure because i forgot to mark the date.   I also think that that level is very high for only 4 weeks.  If by monday the level is going not rising enough or going down i'm going to miscarry again.  This will be the second in a row.  This is also my first 2 pregnancies ever.  Im 37 and getting really annoyed.  I can get pregnant but can't seem to make a baby.  Help anyone PLEASE!!!
From what I've read, it still may be too soon to see the heartbeat and can be hard to see anything at all.  Based on your last month's period (LMP), you would be 8 weeks today.  Lots of women post similar concerns on the patient-to-patient maternal and fetal health board about not seeing anything this early as well as not seeing the heartbeat.  You may get even more responses on that board.  Don't get too discouraged yet b/c it's still possible to see the heartbeat on your next visit and sometimes being able to see it depends on the equipment and technician, particularly this early.  As for your HCG level, it seems healthy and right where it should be.  I got the following from the American Pregnancy Association:

hCG levels in weeks from LMP (gestational age)* :

3 weeks LMP: 5 - 50 mIU/ml
4 weeks LMP: 5 - 426 mIU/ml
5 weeks LMP: 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml
6 weeks LMP: 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml
7 - 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 - 229,000 mIU/ml
9 - 12 weeks LMP: 25,700 - 288,000 mIU/ml
13 - 16 weeks LMP: 13,300 - 254,000 mIU/ml
17 - 24 weeks LMP: 4,060 - 165,400 mIU/ml
25 - 40 weeks LMP: 3,640 - 117,000 mIU/ml
Non-pregnant females: <5.0 mIU/ml
Postmenopausal: <9.5 mIU/ml
* These numbers are just a GUIDELINE-- every woman
On March 7 i found out i was pregnant...on March 24 i started bleeding...went in for a u/s and a blood hcg test...uterus was thick but no sack...i miscarried...levels still havent gone down all the way...on April 3 i went in and my levels were at 36 and then went on april 10th and they were only at 18. SO i went again on april 13th and theyve rose to 19. Only one point. I am going in the morning to have an ultra sound to check for eptopic. Im not having any pains..im nauseas tired and my boobs are aching like b4 but no abdominal pain, has anyone experienced this before? I took a pregnance test2 days after the results were 36 and it was negative, i took it another one again after the 18 and the 19 and it was positive. Is it possible that i am pregnant again? But if i am is it okay for them to be rising so slowly?
Hello I just found out that I was preagnant for the second time. My first pregnacy went well with few problems, but with this one i am finding that I'm having mild cramps which makes me fearful. So I took myself to the Emergency Room to find out that the gestational sac was an iregular shape. My hcg lvls were 531 which the doc said were low for 4 weeks. Ive not had any bleeding or any other symptoms just the cramping. If any one else has had this same problem and still had carried a baby full term can you please respond to this. Me and my husband tried for this pregnacy and I would appreciate any comments..... I dont go back to the doc untill this friday!
I'm scared that im gonna loose it. Ive never had a MC before and I'm scared that this pregnacy is heading down that path.
those numbers are within the normal limits. i am 5 weeks pg. last week at 4 weeks my numbers were 31, then 2 days later 119 and now this week 1799. until several days ago i had cramping. not severe, and more ache. hopefully they will check your numbers again, its not as important what the number is but that it doubles. good luck and try not to worry.
Well i went to the doc today.... with no answers to come home with. They did not do a second ultrasound just retested my hcg lvls again... and it being a friday I will have to wait untill monday to find anything out dont these ppl know that ive waited all week to find out if my baby was ok!!!!!!! Just venting here ive waited a week i guess i can wait a couple more days but still im a nervous wreck.
Well I just found out that I am pregnant for the second time.. I had a blood test done a couple days ago and the nurse said that it came back positive but she said the my level was at 238 which she said was low.. My last cycle was on March 17,07 and was due on the 14th of April. If I have it calculated right I should be 5 weeks pregnant..I have to go back for another blood test to see if my numbers have doubled any.. I have never had a miscarriage and i am not having any abnormal pains or anything just the regular pregnancy cramps here and there.. I must say that with my first pregnancy I never got a positive test result I had to find out that I was pregnant threw an ultrasound.. Any advice would help me understand what is going on..
Hi I am 6 weeks pregnant, I went to my doctor they did a U/S but only saw a sack abut no baby and heartbeat. My first hcg blood work showed my levels at 6,500 and after the ultasound he made me to do more blood work to see if my levels were rising, this time the hcg level was 41,000. So what does this mean? And is this preg viable?
Well I got a phone call around 9:30 this morning...... my hcg lvls had went up to around 3000 she said. So that takes allot of the wory off of me. Now they are gonna reschedual me anouther ultrasound to see my gestational sac is doing. At 4weeks and 3 days they told me that it was iregular. I am now 5weeks and 3days and still showing to be preagnant. So only the next ultrasound will tell i guess.....i kinda hope that 4 weeks was to early to determin what the gestational sac looked like.
I found out I was pregnant and something was wrong all in the same day  march 19.  I went to the emergency room after seeing my doctor for abdominal pain and bleeding.  They told me I was pregnant and sent be for an ultrasound.  Because they didn't see anything on the ultra sound my doctor sent me to the emergency room.

My HCG level at the hospital was at 1500.
a week later I had another ultrasound and they found the sac out side my uterus. So I did the methotrexate.
two days later my HCG was at 700
a week later 250
a week later 125
a week later 80
a week later 40
a week later.... Just had another test today.  Does it really start to slow way down at the end. I think my veins are going to collapse with all the pokes I've been getting.  I had to get it taken from my hand today as my arm veins are not cooperative.
Anyone know about the last few weeks and when the bleeding is going to stop?
I been showing many signs of pregnancy since april 10 like itchy breast, fatigue and abdominal pain and also the white fluid and my period is not due till May1 my last period was april 1st I took the first response hpt yesterday and it came up negative my question is Is it possible for me to be pregnant and the test is just showing up negatvie because I took it too early?
Yes, you could be pregnant without a positive test. I tested early too and it didn't show up positive until my period was 2 days late. Good luck.
By the way, I'm 30, have 3 kids, miscarried number 4 in January at 14 weeks, got pregnant after waiting one peroid.
Thank you for the advice I feel more relieve now. Iam 24 and I one 3 year old girl already I hoping for the second one. I am going to test again after my period is late. Hopefully its a positive.
Hi all.  I am new here.  I am having some strange things happen and hope maybe someone out there can add their opinions or similar experiences.  Here goes: my husband and I have a 7 year old son, and I have been on BCP since shortly after he was born.  We decided we wanted to try for another baby and I went off the pill 11/17/06, one week after having my last regular period on the pill.  On 12/24/06 I had SEVERE cramping for about 6 hours and then the next morning had what seemed like a period, but not a "normal" period for me.  It was heavy, and painful, and lasted about 4 days.  I normally (on the pill) have very light, about 2 1/2 - 3 day periods.  So I had been taking pregnancy tests all along, at least one a week since I went off the pill, they were all negative.  Ok...so after that period in December, I hadn't had a period since just recently, on 4/15/07.  It lasted 3 days, and was light like my normal periods were.  I stopped my period and then two days later had intercourse on Friday & Saturday 4/20 & 21, and I had some light spotting after each time.  Then, on Monday of this week (4/23) I took a preg test because my breasts felt strange. It was positive.  I took 3 more, all positive.  I went to the ER on Tuesday 4/24 because I had spotting when I went to the bathrooom that morning.  They confirmed the pregnancy with a beta hCG, and my level was 150.  They did an internal and external ultrasound and saw nothing.  I asked them how far long I would have to be in order for them to see something on the ultra, they said about 5 weeks.  I knew there was no way I was 5 weeks because I have been taking pregnancy tests all along at home, and on 4/7/07 I was in the ER with a twisted ankle and had to have an x-ray so they did a preg test to be safe, it was negative as well.  The OB did an internal while I was in the ER, and she said the amount of blood was a little concerning to her.  She mentioned that I could just be so newly pregnant that it wouldn't show on the Ultrasound, and it would make my levels low.  She said it could be ectopic, or I could be miscarrying.  I went for another blood test this morning to see if my levels at least doubled. I should get those results shortly.  I am scared, and confused.  The OB is thrown by how out of whack my period is, and really couldnt' tell me much of anything.  If any of you can shed some light on this, I appreciate it.  I am hoping I am so newly pregnant that maybe it was implantation bleeding.  Oh, the spotting has been a very light pink color or brown.  I have had very mild cramping.  I only spot when I wipe on TP, have had a pad on for two days and it's dry.  I am hoping everything is ok.  We want this baby so badly.  Thank you for your time.  
all i have to say is i have heard so many stories about going to the er and them telling the mother to be bad news when in fact it wasnt. untill you get your numbers and see your regular dr try to keep your spirits up.
hello well i had my Hcg levels low then went back up only 10 i had an ectopic pregnancy and i had 2 ovarian cysts :( one was growin really fast so i had surgery to remove the ectopic pregnancy and to remove the cysts.... hope everyones pregnancy goes great!! :) my husband and i are gonna try again in 3 months for another baby luckly this ectopic pregnancy was caught on time and only opened the tube to remove the baby so no tubes where removed!!!
About a month ago I went to the doctors and i was told i was pregnant and I had a blood test taken and my Hcg level was 22. Four days later i went to the emergency room because i was bleeding. That doctor came into the room smiling and saying i wasnt pregnant. I asked her what she meant, she said their tests are pretty accurate and i wasnt.  A few days later i picked up my blood tests because i was curious and they said i had a hcg level of 20 then.

Since i had a 22 and it decreased, doesnt that mean I did in fact have a miscarige?  I also had 5 postive urine tests!
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and hoping someone could help. I had IUI on April 11 and had a positive home preg test on Apr 25 and 26th. Then I had a Hcg test on April 27, which was at 18, which the nurse told me was low but positive. I had my next hcg test today (apr 30) and it was only 20 which the nurse said is not good, because it should have at least doubled. I've been more tired than usual, urinating frequently and also have had mild cramping. Any idea whether I am pregnant or not? I have my next hcg test on may 4....thoughts please? thanks for your help!
what  is going on here? why doesn't the forum allow new posts and what's up with the doctor?

just wondering if i missed something
Hello to all concerned mothers-to-be>  I am very confused with my dropping Hcg levels.  I have just been for my us today and at 12.5 weeks my baby has a good heart beat, is structually fine and pregnancy is doing well.  Why is Hcg dropping and will this be a viable pregnancy? Has anybody experienced something similar and had a healthy baby.  Please help I need more information.  
me and my husband have been trying for over three years to get pregnant and 03/22/07 we discovered we were but hcg was only 85 four days later it was 75 and that night i started bleeding.  I bled  until 04/12/07.  Today I found out i was pregnant again.  Hcg level only 68.  I didn't have a period in between.  I just don't want to go through this again any opinions on if the number is too low?
It doesnt really matter what your numbers are. Just that they double every 2 days. I was 4 weeks and mine were only 531 the emergency room doc told me that was low. so I made an apt with my obgyn that next friday my numbers had increased and were comeing up as they should. I am 6.5 weeks now, and the baby is doing good. This is to ppl that had iregular shaped gestational sacs as well, on that same emergency room visit i was allso told that my gestational sac was irregular I had anouther ultrasound this past monday May 1, 2007 and My doc told me that my sac was fine and showed me the ultrasound screen it looked normal to me i allso seen the babys heart beating not the same as hearing it beat for the first time but it was a moment that i will never forget I know my baby will be ok all of my cramping has stoped since the last time i posted, and im going back to work this friday coming, But if you are concerned about your numbers and the fact that you did MC I myself would call an obgyn and schedual an apt asap and if they wont take you because they say your to early find anoutehr one eventualy you will find a doc that will see you just express your concern for this pregnacy and let them know that you have recently MC. Good luck to you all and may you all be bleesed with beautiful healthy babies.
hello!!!

on  april 17th i found out that i was pregnant by doing a home pregnancy test... i had all the sympotoms of being pregnant i just thought i was late because thats how my period is, so i did about 4 more pregnancy tests (lol, i wanted to be  sure) so i wen to my primary doctor and she confirmed that i was pregnant, so i set up an appointment for my ob/gyn, and it was  scheduled for yesterday. Well on Wed. I was at work and i started  bleeding but not heavy, so i called m ob/gyn and she told me to go to the hospital and i wen to the ER and i was there for 10  hours. I thought i was around 7 or 8 weeks, now ive been reading on almost every website, that you cant hear a heartbeat until the 10th week and  no movement begins until the 7th. So they did and  ultrasound on me and said that it measured to be around 6 weeks, but they cold not hear a heartb eat or see any movement, and that i would probably have a miscarriage in 48 hours. At the time they took blood nd told me that my hCG level was 560 and that it dou bles in 48 to 72 hours (pending on the person) and that i should definitly follow up with my ob/gyn on fri. so i went and she  did an ultrasound and she said there was a sac and my uterus but whatever was in there looked abnormal and she said there was a  90 % chance that i  would  have a miscarriage, but  i have not had any cramps or fevers, but im still bleeding... .when she drew blood she said my level was  732.... was was abnormally low... but i dont know if it was only because it hasnt been a full 48 hours or because something is wrong with the baby.  So she told me to come back on mon to check my levels again, has anyone been through this kinnda thing before? Im looking for any hope that i can get.....

thanks
p.s. for the women who have sympoms of pregnancy, a home pregnancy test can not  detect you are pregnant  until the 5th week of your pregnancy, unless you go to the doctor and do a blood test. so dont give up hope.
The day my period was due, I started having some light brown blood with some low pelvic discomfort. I m/c 5 months ago and was very concerned. I went to the doctors and a preg test was positive and they sent me for bloodwork. It came back at 98. 48 hours later it was 200. I am concerned that the level is low however the number doubled. I am very nervous because of my previous m/c. The bleeding and pelvic pain has stopped . It only lasted about 5 days or so. I wish I could enjoy the feeling of being pregnant without being so worried.
yesterday i started spotting brown/pink blood started really light but get a little heavier.  Went to the ER where the doctor checked Hcg leveld they were 68 on 05/03/07 160 on 05/05/07 and last night on 05/07/07 they were 293 he said that was fine, although i know they didn't fully double, he checked and said my cervix was still closed and all the blood ws brown (old) blood.  they have advised me to stay home for the next few days and monitor bleeding closly.  Notsure if this is the begining or the end.  Have had mild crmps since before i knew i was pregnant and small spotting all the way through doctors figure i am only one-two weeks pregnant anyone know how much i should be worried?
so if a non-pregnant womans hcg level is 5 and it can start at 5 if ur 3 weeks pregnant, would the doctor describe that as a non-viable or inconclusive pregnancy? I had a test today, and teh doctor didnt even tell me what my hcg level was.
I am a 32 y/o women with a history of 3 extopic pregnancies. This time it seems be the same but there is confusion about my LMP. I had 2 in arch(strange) and another mini one about the second week of April. I just did an ultrasound and nothing was seen. My Beta's are at 746 nad I would be in the 4th or 5th week? I have some cramping but the docotr says it it normal. Anyone have experience with this?
i am new to this and in need of a few questions! after attending a new gyn yesterday, i found out that i was pregnant. unexpected.  i am only 17 and i have been having symptoms for the past 2 weeks. after the news, i was sent to the lab to get blood tests and when my doctor called today, she said that i needed to come back and redo my sample because my hormonal levels were very low. today, after getting my blood drawn i received a call from my doctor. she told me that my hormonal levels went down even more today and that i would be miscarrying. i am very confused/lost. is there any way that i could not miscarry and it could just be too soon for my hormonal levels to be high? in serious need of answers .. thank you!
I am just wondering if anyone could help me from not freaking out at my hcg levels. My husband and I had a IUI procedure done on April 29th and we found out Sunday that we are finally pregnant after 6 tries!! I had five great follicles when they did the procedure. They tell me I am right at about 4 weeks along. My first hcg level test my number was 1,470. Two days later it was 3,101. Is this high for a three week pregnancy? I am a twin and multiples run in my family....should I be scared?
sweetie 25- the embryo has already stopped developing because of a genetic disorder or something else, that is why the levels are going down, the pregnancy is already lost, I am sorry for your loss
hanson- hcg levels vary so much it is hard to tell anything from them other than if you are going to miscarry or if there is a problem such as ectoptic pregnancy.  But... levels are higher in multiple pregnancies and since you are a twin, I would say that you have a pretty good chance of having twins- congratulations!!
I am 5 weeks pregnant and my hcg levels are as follows: first test was 105, 72 hours later it was 235, 24 hours later it was 334, and 24 hours later it was 521. since they are not doubling every 24 hours, my OB says it is not a viable pregnancy and i may miscarry or have an ectoptic pregnancy. I have had 2 children already with no problems, is it possible that this could be completely normal and the pregnancy could follow through? i've read that it is normal if hcg levels double ever 24 to 72 hours but my OB seems doubtful
the doctors go by the first day of your last period, which is not how old the baby is- so you probably calculated how far along you are by conception date which is usually 2 weeks after the first day of your last period.  Am i making sense?
i'm not a professional but i have researched pregnancy extensively.  A possibility- you could have twins from seperate eggs, so they are not in the same sac- one of the babies could be in your fallopian tube and the other in your uterus.  The one in the fallopian tube could have burst through the tube, thus causing the bleeding and cramping.  In such a situation, the mother would hemmorage to death but only in a few instances, the fetus in the now broken tube can attatch onto an internal organ of the mother and receive it's blood supply from that organ.  This fetus is not seen because you normally don't look for a fetus anywhere other than the uterus and fallopian tubes.  This is a far-fetched guess but vaugely possible.  You may want to get an ultrasound done of your whole abdomen.
hcg levels anywhere from 5 to 25 means that you could be pregnant or you aren't.  We all have natural hcg levels in our bodies that change slightly constantly.  If you are that curious, ask to have another blood test done and see how drastic the change is- it could be that your levels are naturally higher than normal.
Hello all,

I am insure of my exact dates, but I do know that I either was just ending or just beginning my period on April 17, 2007. I have had two miscarriages on in january of 2004 and one march of 2006. I am terrified and the doctor had to get my levels tested this past friday and my level was 39. That scared me he told me it was low and I to come nack in on monday and test again so I did. I was so scared the whole weekend but monday came and I found out that my levels triple from 39 to 108. I was so happy and a bit relieved. But I am still nervous, I was hoping for an ultrasound to see where the embryo is attached like he did last time when he determined it had adhired to low in my utherus and that was why I miscarried we think. But I am trying to stay positive. Anyone else with low levels in early pregancny give birth to a healthy child? My doctor also put my on progesterone supplements to be taken three times a day.  I just want to relax and be happy. I am having a hard time figuring out how I should be so early on, should I act excited about the pregnancy should I ignore it until I am furthur along. It is so confusing espiecially after two horrible miscarriages. Oh way I miscarried at 4 -5 weeks both times.
I had a miscarriage on April 23/07 and only bled for 5 days.  I still haven't gotten my period yet and it'll be 4 weeks tomorrow.  I also have slight symptoms of pregnancy like enlarged breasts, extremely tired all day and bloating and gasy feelings.  I did take 2 hpt in the last week, but they were negative...am I taking them too early?  This is the week I should get my period, but nothing yet.  I have had unprotected sex many times since then.  How long should I wait to get my period before doing another hpt?
A related discussion, confused was started.
A related discussion, Very Uncertain was started.