Pregnancy Expert Forum
help!!

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

help!!

My name is Melenie and on 11/12/12 i gave birth to a beautiful baby boy......6 weeks later my sweet baby passed away in my arms due to SIDS.....my question is that i have not had a period since and am not on birth control and pregnancy test was negative......does anyone have any experience on when i should start my period or take another pregnancy test? thank you all
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would certainly express my condolences regarding your loss.  That must have broken your heart.  Absence of a period for up to six weeks. or sometimes even longer if you are lactating (I understand you are not breastfeeding) can be normal.  After six weeks you may want to consider doing pregnancy tests if you don't desire birth control.
Good luck, and very sorry!
Dr B
My first thought when you mentioned this whole situation is important thinking maybe from stress you've not had your period.  Severe stress can cause missed periods.  Good luck it broke my heart reading this im so sorry for your lose!!!
thank you
I am so sorry to hear about your baby :( God bless you and your family. Know that you have a little angel looking for you.

If you really want to check if your pregnant just to know I would recommend a blood pregnancy test. That is how I have always had to check if I am pregnant or not since the test don't always show it for me.