Pregnancy Expert Forum
hematoma
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

hematoma

dear expert, im 24 years old this is my first pregnancy, i have been having sharp pains that last less then a few seconds when i get up quickly or out of bed. I have reached 16 weeks so decided to go for an ultra sound to check if there was something wrong! the baby was healthy everything was fine. Untill the doctor said there is a problem they saw a 3 by 3 hematoma behind my placenta which was old blood. He said take some rest and magnesium pills and the hematoma should go down or resolve itself. Im very worried cause he said its just developed in the past few days. what are my chances now of a normal pregnancy as im very confused and upset why this has happend in my 16th week.
Related Discussions
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
The sharp pains you are describing sound very much like round ligament pains.  The round ligament on each side travels from the groin to the top of the uterus, and often spasms with sudden baby or maternal movement.
Retroplacental hematomas are relatively common, and your doctor is correct that most resolve spontaneously.  You may notice some bleeding or discharge as it "heals".
If you were my patient, I would ultrasound again in 2-4 weeks to be sure everything was heading the right direction.
Good luck!
Dr B
-1 Comments
Blank
Thanks for answering my question, i have an us tomorrow so hopefully its shurnk a bit or gone. No bleeding which i think is a good sign.
Blank
Hi Slade24, I also have sharp pain somethimes and a several small hematoms ad my doctor said that all seems perfect and no reason to worry.
Now i am 10 weeks pregnant and mother of two with same simptoms in pregnancys with those two:-)
So don t worry and good luck
Blank
Hi Slade24, I also have sharp pain somethimes and a several small hematoms ad my doctor said that all seems perfect and no reason to worry.
Now i am 10 weeks pregnant and mother of two with same simptoms in pregnancys with those two:-)
So don t worry and good luck
Blank
707563_tn?1395081210
A related discussion, test was started.
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank