Pregnancy Expert Forum
herb

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

herb
Well I am a regular pot smoker an I just found out i am pregnant is it bad to smoke an I really don't car what you non pro marijuana birches have to say so say your breath an thought an go type some **** to someone else
Hi!
I'm sorry I missed your question.  I don't know why my forum notifies me of some questions and misses others.  If you were my patient, I would advise you to really try to quit.  Your baby will be born addicted and will go through withdrawal.  After pregnancy if you resume (or continue) you should not smoke around your baby because of the risk of lung and other diseases caused by second hand smoke.  Quitting marijauna is very difficult because it stays in the tissues for quite some time--a month or so.
You may have a long road ahead of you.
Good luck!
Dr B
Im no doctor but if i were you id quit. And trust knowing your pregnant gives you alot of will power to quit things. So give it a try because its always worth it. For you and your baby! :) Ps Congrates!
I've smoked weed b4 so I'm not one to judge u hun but I'm sure u won't a healthy baby so its best u quit b4 it causes any damage to ur that precious child u have growing inside of u. Btw my friends sister was a regular smoker n her daughter was born having all kinds of breathing issues because of weed she's 4 yrs old n still uses a breathing machine every day with her she'll be living with this for the rest of her life . Best of luck to u
I messaged you :)
Well pot is fine no different then drinking it should be legal i believe , but i think you know the answer already to this it does impair you whether it gets u messed right up or just relaxes u a bit or you reflexes are delayed etc , thc will affect the baby and prob, different then you so even if it has little effect , i have lots of friends who smoked all thru pregnancy only three  of 11 had babies under 5 pounds one was preemie the other two term a few are " adhd"  and its hard to say that weed was the cause these things just happen sometimes but hard to say it wasnt , so irs ur body ur baby ur judgment/choice , , but it does still also cause cancer when smoked , so ya ciggarettes have tons of carcenogens ( dont know h
N weed doesnt but most isnt grow very natural ne more either , thsts why its so potent alour parent always talk bout they have one puff as opposed to huge joint and way more effed up like almost like a hallucinogen to them they get so high a lot of adults when i was a teen said that and now too sonething to that degree , also watch u dont get tested and have government up ur *** its sometimes prob at random or routine depending on location n hospital and i dunno bout weed but other drugs for shore , at very least cut down to 1/10th of usual daily intake , depending on how long n stuff and how much u could stress ur body put which isnt good for baby either so taper or i recomend asking a dr or google crap out if it if ur scared bout back lash , not a dr but better then not knowing anything ilu will get sooo many conflicting opinions online or ne where if its not a dr n maybe even some drs whoknows right so , 9 months isnt a lifetime ur at least thru 1 already i assume , good luck
I am pretty much a daily pot smoker...except when I am pregnant. (or breastfeeding for that matter) My view is that I would not be able to live with myself if something happened to my baby because of my habits. Even though there is not tons of research I feel the possibility of the risk is not worth it. It's an amazing little baby that you are growing inside your belly. I am cutting out soft cheese and caffeine, I can certainly survive without bud as well.
I am currently 21 weeks pregnant. This is my 4th pregnancy with the other 3 ending in miscarriage. I smoke moderately throughout the past 3 and miscarried. I quit smoking the day I found out about this one and have made a healthy little one on the way. Do what you feel is right but remember, if anything is wrong with your baby you'll have to live with knowing you did that to your child. I say quit:) you'll feel better and your baby will too!! Good luck!
Im a regular smoker as well and smoked the entire time for my two other kids..im 9wks pregnant now but decided I will stop for this one... I will say my two kids were born healthy and are the brightest... They are both honor roll students and people are shocked at how advanced they are. There is no proof what so ever that smoking weed causes any birth defects (do the research). I decided to stop because im paranoid of getting drug tested and the possibility of having my newborn or kids taken away (its just not worth it). If your going to smoke, just cut down but be prepared in case of a drug test. Some docs randomly test and without you knowing so u must ask yourself if its worth it. Good luck!
If its something you wouldn't give to a baby or child don't put it in your body with your baby there. I miss my evening beer but none for baby so I just give it up for a while. :)
Anything that affects your oxygen intake is going to decrease the oxygen floowing to your baby.. and if you don't want cps involved in your life you should probably quit. Many women smoke cigarettes all the way through and everything goes just fine, it just depends :)
Im a regular herb smoker also and just found out that i am roughly 5-6weeks prego. I smoked moderatly when i was prego with my 3yr old and he is the brightest kid i know. But with this one i have decided not to smoke at all...its hard bc i can't sleep without the herb but im forcing myself to....
Oh hun, I used to smoke literally 24/7. I was high all the time. The day I found out I was pregnant I quit. So ive been clean for 4 months now. It wasnt easy. But i did it for my baby. And you should do it for yours to:) pot is badddd for the baby. As ciggs and alcohol are also. Good luck!:)
Im 7 weeks and a smoker. I quit cigs when I found out but have been smoking weed. I dont see it as a harm for me or my baby, cuz im simply healthier with it.( been using a vaporizer, less harsh) Morning sickness?.. Yeah I dont get that, I eat great I sleep great and im happy. What could be healthier for a baby than that?
Keep in mind that marijuana crosses the placenta so your baby is exposed to the substance and may go through drug withdrawls at birth if marijuana is continued through the pregnancy. Babies going through withdrawls are miserable. They can't sleep well, cry almost all the time and cannot be consoled, difficulty eating and maintaining body temperature. Some can even have difficulty breathing during withdrawls. Its not worth the risk or the discomfort to the baby if you can avoid it.
With my daughter I smoked through my whole pregnancy she is andvanced for her age and started everything really early, I can't tell u it won't harm your child but she came out perfect.
I was also a regular smoker stopped when I found out I was pregnant I'm now 26 weeks n 5 days n no longer care about it but once the baby comes ill smoke again
My sister smoked a long time during pregnancy ., it can poison ur baby's blood . Also my sisters baby is a little behind on learning new things and had massive vomiting .
I'm a smoker also but I luckily had stopped a week before I found out I was pregnant.. But I will not continue even. Though I smoke like 3x a day I couldn't live with myself knowing I hurt my baby bc of my actions
U say u don't care. But actually I thing u do care. Why else would u feel the need to explain what u do on here.  I smoke cigarettes and I'm trying to quit It's really hard because I've always been a smoker.  So I know how u feel.  I do.
Im also a pot smoker n jus found out im pregnant...with all of my other three pregnancies i stopped smoking...thre are too many wories about birth defects...so the same with this one i have to put my wants on the back burner and consider my babies health and give it the chance at a healthy and normal life...so my weed pipe went in the closet for safe keeping until after i stop breastfeeding my baby...good luck with your decision
I'm 24 weeks and I've smoked pot the whole time so far. I have bad aches and it helps me. The doctors told me my baby is perfect. already 1.6 pounds. N I already found out im having a little boy. I'm quitting now Just because I'm already 6 months.  Pot is fine. My mom's had 2 kids and smoked the whole time both had blue eyes and her 3 year old can already read and write . Started walking n talking at 10 months.
If u were holding ur baby would u blow smoke in its face? That is what someone asked me, made me quit right then and there. Cold turkey. Good luck with whatever u choose. :)
You'd have to be amazingly selfish to do it.

Marijuana is the most widely used illicit drug by pregnant women in the world. In utero exposure to Δ(9) -tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ(9) -THC), a major psychoactive component of marijuana, is associated with an increased risk for anencephaly and neurobehavioural deficiencies in the offspring, including attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), learning disabilities, and memory impairment. Recent studies demonstrate that the developing central nervous system (CNS) is susceptible to the effects of Δ(9) -THC and other cannabimimetics, including the psychoactive ingredients of the branded product 'Spice' branded products. These exocannabinoids interfere with the function of an endocannabinoid (eCB) system, present in the developing CNS from E12.5 (week 5 of gestation in humans), and required for proliferation, migration, and differentiation of neurons.

Source

Center for Environmental and Genetic Medicine, Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A&M Health Science Center, Houston, TX, 77030, USA.

Sure you could have a healthy baby, but you could drop your baby omits head too and it will probably be fine doesn't mean you should do it.
i used to be a smoker so im not gouing to b*tch at u imma tell you how it is. My friend Autumn smoked with both of her kids her dr. told her he would rather she smoked a jiont a day than a cigarette in her entire pregnancy. she has 2 healthy children an 11 yo and a 8 yo
Everytime you get high your baby gets high . The thc your puttin in your body is going into your babies body ! Remember that.! To me it's wrong and your baby has no say in the decision . Say no for your child .
I'm pregnant with my 6th child..I'm not a big time smoker butt I do smoke once in awhile..each Womans body reacts different..one woman may smoke and miscarry..one may not..if I were you I would slow down..and try not to smoke that real strong stuff.
I'm going on 20 weeks now and I'm a regular smoker too. I quit smoking ciggeretts right away when I found out I was pregnant, and it was really difficult. I found that smoking weed calmed me down, and relaxed me. I feel stress is a lot more hurtful on your body then smoking here and there while pregnant. My mom did the same thing with me and my 3 other siblings and were all normal! Good luck girl!(:
Hi herb lol
My name is gab and I'm 17 weeks n 3 days pregnant first pregnancy. From wat I know and been told of course smoking isn't safe. But to me the way doctors n nurses n ppl n general make it seem NOTHING is safe for ur baby while prego! I know tho easier said than try to quit for the health of ur baby, he or she deserves it. Take one day at time, every small victory leads to an even bigger greater success! ;-)
I smoked while pregnant with my son because I was a regular pot smoker and had no desire to quit. Although I did quit the last couple of months before delivery. My now 2 year old son was not addicted nor harmed in anyway. I am pregnant again but quit smoking for good about a year ago but I don't see the problem yet maybe just try smoking less often you definitely don't want problems with the law and your baby and it abt be great for the lungs. Also you don't know how it makes the baby feel and you want them to have a choice in whether to smoke weed or not. Idk just a lot of things factor into it but its your choice and I'm not gonna hate on you. Congrats a good luck. :)
trust me hun its not worth it once that baby is in your arms there's no more u its all abt the bb, having a sick bby is no joke its like going thru hell especially knowing it mite have ben ur fault I advice u to have the strenght to stop everythn because the blood hurts and if u see that baby hurt its gonna hurt u more there no bigger pain than a mothers pain trust me a baby is a gift from god and a mothers most beautiful treasure weed mite cause somethn bad or mite not but at the end finding out is never worth it I smoked weed but stopped immediately as soon as I found I was pregnant trust me once u know that little piece of heaven is growing inside and u just want to hear it call u mommy u find the strenght to stop anythn, take care of the baby and ur self because healthy mom healthy baby keep feeding for 2 and I wish u best of luck.
I am 37 weeks pregnant with my fourth baby. I am perscribed medical canibus for a leg injury. I have been smoking off and on with this baby. I also smoked a little bit (not much) with my other pregnancies. My other children turned out healthy. When pregnant with my first child my obgy  was a very open kinda guy. And said if it helped with morning sickness then do it. But in moderation. My baby turned out fine. And so far this baby is doing great. And looks helathy and is going to be full term as well. I say , do it if u must. But in moderation. It helps me to sleep and not feel sick to my stomach. And there are no studies proving that its life threatening. So its ur choice. Just cut back a little. :)
A baby is precious you have to decide it is worth the risk?
The only thing I have ever been able to find was a study done in Jamaica where some of the babies ended up with leukemia.. but who is to say that there wasn't something else going on there like the water or food.. my friend smoked both her entire pregnancies an her kids both have asthma, coincident? Idk. I would quit so u don't have to worry :) I'm sure a hit every now and then will not hurt but like the other ladies say they do drug tests so is it really worth it? No way is someone taking my baby away after this long wait!
The day i found out i was pregnant i had been arrested on December of 2012 smoked every day all day non stop. My system is barely clearing up its been a good 4 months.ive been tested for pot.always came positive till now is barely starting to leave my system even though i still have a lil in me. I recommend for you to stop it also depends what kinda good stuff you smoke n how much you do. Cause you don't want to have any of it when you give birth.
I used to be a regular put smoker. I started smoking more when I was pregnant with my second daughter, because it helped with my morning sickness. I was really messed up, and was throwing up every day all day, and put wad the only thing that helped.the dr gabber done bs called
Some bs called phynergan, that was supposed to suppress my nausea and instead it made me throw up even more. What I'm saying is, put has its uses. I recommend it if you were like me, puking all day every day, and lost 30lbs in 3 months. But i agree with the other person. Its your baby, your body. Good luck  :-)
well i use to smoke pot but i stopped,. but theres a lot in smoking that can hurt the baby and if u dont stop smoking and they test you and your test comes out positive theu can take your baby from you.
Im 17 weeks pregnant and was a heavy pot smoker for 7 years when i discovered i was 8 weeks pregnant i cut down and quit by 12 weeks and i feel alot better for it. Put your baby first and quit. they dont get a choice but you do.
I spoked pot through my first pregnancy everyday very heavily and my baby was fine. i had a couple cones through my second pregnancy and my baby was fine. neither babys went through a withdrawal period.. those two children are now 2 and 7 and they are both healthy. this is my third pregnany. i havent smoked pot for a couple years and this will be my first pregnancy with out tobacco too cause i quit that two years ago and i am more nervous that this pregnancy will have problems because its all different. but in saying that all pregnancies are different, i know complete non smokers and healthy people to have babies.  with health issues.  id reccomend cutting down all bad habits but its up to you.
Hey babe like me as well I smoked a lot all day everyday and when I found out about my baby I immediately quit it's no game if it baby has anything in its system when born they will not let u have him or her cps will get involved its s ***** to get your baby back...I know it's hard but u gotta stop for ur baby u have to **** clean.
I smoked weed with my first daughter for most of my pregnancy. My doctor never advised against it as there is no solid proof it harms the fetus. My daughter was born full term healthy weight and is a very bright child for her age now. She never went through a "withdrawl" stage and this was the best option for me during my pregnancy to keep my morning sickness and depression under control. To each his own.. and for some of you please don't judge.
I'm 13 weeks pregnant. I used to be strung out on weed, I'm sixteen.  Best thing to do is quit , I don't find it a problem to smoke weed every once in a while but I hear weed doesn't kill, If it did they wouldn't use it for cancer. I also heard it stimulates the brain. But this is something the mother has got to decide, I quit.
I'm not judging, because I'm a pot smoker myself. I am currently 5 months 1 week, and the way I feel sometimes, I would absolutely LOVE to pick up,, puff a few, and call it a day, but since I found out I was pregnant, I haven't smoked just for the simple fact, I'm hesitant to do a lot of things due to pregnancy, that being one of them. I'm not telling you what to do...what you do is completely on you, but whatever your choice, just remember...it no longer affects just you anymore. The choices you make for yourself now, and for the next 18 years, you are also making for your child.

With love,
A new mom-to-be
I would say try to quit. Just remember that everything you put into your body goes directly to the baby - and THEN you. Not you, then the baby. So, every joint you smoke, bowl you hit, etc... goes directly to the baby's brain/lungs/etc...

I hope you make the best decision for your little bundle of joy
I have a question?