Pregnancy Expert Forum
high progesterone levels in early pregnancy

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

i have just found out tht i am pregnant, the othe day i bled a little bit so i went to the hospital to have an ultra sound. they could not see anything as they said it was probably too soon so they gave me a blood test to find out my hcg levels ad progesterone levels. i got my results yesterday and the nurse was quite concerned as my hcg level is 455 and my progesterone level is 160!!!! the nurse said this is abnormally high and i had to go and have another blood test today. can anyone explain whats going on for me. thanks
hi i had my bloods repeated 2 days later and my hcg level was 798 and my pprogesterone level was 141, so it is not a lab error. can a high progesterone level mean multiple pregnancy, or does it mean an increased risk of it being an ectopic pregnancy?
My progesterone level is 2,370.  Everyone is saying much smaller numbers on this forum. I'm assuming my levels are measured differently.  The doctor said it was great.  I'm 34 and 6 weeks pregnant.  Just wanted to know if this was really good or what?
hi no one really seems to know wht high progesterone level means, ours must be measured in a different way, the nurse told me that at 5 weeks pregnant the normal level is 50,  i think it is good rather than bad, i know if the level dropd dramatically it indicates a miscarriage. i would just like to know what it means some one said to me that it indicates multiple pregnancy, have you had a scan yet? have you more than 1 baby?
I just had miscarriage 3 days ago.  I was measuring 7w, but my progesterone was only 7 and my hcg levels were not rising normally before m/c.  I am 37 yrs old.  Does this mean that if I get pregnant again my progesterone will be low again because of my age and therefore high chance for another m/c?
I've just recently suffered my 6th miscarriage and was wondering if anyone thought that i may have low progesterone levels, i've never actually had them checked before so i phoned my doctor a couple of days ago to make an appointment to have the tests done, she was a little concerned that i'd never actually had them done before as i've had everything else done from the full thrombophillia screen to having an androgen test and our chromosomes done but have all come back normal. I've also had 2 previous premature births both at 36wks so i'm stressing now as to what could have gone wrong since having my daughter,  anyone any ideas as to what could be going on i would be grateful.
I'm new and hoping someone can shed some light on my situation.  I've had 5 miscarriages, with no medical reason, over the past 3 years.  I started back on clomid (100 mg) this month, after taking a break from it about 6 months ago.  I had my progesterone level checked on day 22, ovulated on day 18, and my progesterone level was 31.  The doctor said this was high and there was a good chance that I'm pregnant.  Since then I've been waiting, and waiting, and waiting, to take a pregnancy test.  I started taking them on cd 28 and every day after (today is cd 31), all have been negative.  Doctors office called again and said "when" I get a positive test to call and come in for more lab work.   I'm going crazy wondering am I or am I not pregnant!!!...I'm a little impatient.  Any thoughts on this or anyone been through the same thing?
Do you know if you're pregnant yet?
It sounds like you are preganet acorrding to the level.But on most hpt the level will have to be something like 50 to 100 to dectect.Check the label on the box it will tell you how high the level has to be on order for a postive to come up.

Good luck And LOTS OF BABY DUST TO YOU!
A related discussion, Progestine and Clomid was started.