Pregnancy Expert Forum
i think i am pregnant, but its hard to believe

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

My last period was 46 days ago.. needless to say its about 2 weeks late. I have tender breasts which started a couple weeks ago, just the nipples which is gradually getting worse everyday, i do get fatigued sometimes, and i have had some queasiness, but i don't know if its because i am thinking too much about it and whatnot. I was pregnant before, but that ended around 14 weeks. But on my 21st day of my cycle i got tested for progesterone to see if i ovulated, which i did, but i am wondering if i am not pregnant because i would think that it would have shown up on
that test, and my doc never said anything about it, but then again, the hormone they use to test for pregnancy is hCG not progesterone, as you can see i am debating myself. i am buying a test on friday (its tuesday) when i get paid.. until then i guess its a waiting game
Last period :February 21st, 2000; March 21st, 2009; NO PERIOD in april and now it is may. However i am an irregular person, usually about 5-7 days.. last time i was this late i was pregnant. Which if i am came at .. I don't want to say unwanted.. more like unexpected because my bf and i decided to wait so we started using condoms, apparently too little too late. and i just lost 24 lbs too, trying to get my weight on tack. Oh well.. lol I would be happy if i am, actually now thinking about it, if i'm not i think i will be disappointed. I also must note alot of people were talking about PMS breast tenderness, i have never had that.. just the usual crankiness, fatigue, and hunger . please help. thank you.
terra
HI!
Lots of clinics and doctors offices do free tests if you want to find out sooner.  That is definitely my recommendation--do a test!  It sounds to me like you very likely may be pregnant! And by the way, you are right, progesterone and HCG are not the same hormone, and not the same test.  Also, a preg test could be neg on day 21 and pos on day 28.  It sounds like once you wrap your mind around the idea, you might be pretty tickled with a positive.  I hope its that!

Good luck!
Dr B
the breast tenderness has gone from nipple to full on breast tenderness
supposed to be feb 2009
thank you very much. ill let you kno :)
yupp, 2 + tests say im indeed preggers :) yay, making a prental appointment today