Pregnancy Expert Forum
im 5 weeks pregnant &

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

im 5 weeks pregnant &

Im five weeks pregnant i had preeclamsia with my first child shes 2 yrs old  now i was just wondering is it possible to get again im terrified!
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that the risk of having pre-eclampsia again depends to a certain extent on how far along you were when you developed it the first time.  It also depends upon how severe it was, and if this baby's father is the same as your older child's father.
If you had a mild case at term, the risk that you will have it again is pretty low.  If you had a severe case and if you have the same partner, your could be at higher risk.  Pre eclampsia is almost always less likely with the second and subsequent child.
Good luck!
Dr B
I am seven weeks pregnant with my third. Had preeclampsia with myself first and he was delivered at 33 weeks. Did well with the second with high blood pressure only the last two weeks and was full term. I am watching my diet,  limiting sodium and processed foods and monitoring stress levels and my blood pressure.  I hear regular exercise helps but haven't found the energy yet. Have faith and believe all will be well.
I'm 39 weeks..no pre-e this time!