Pregnancy Expert Forum
intrahepatic cholestasis
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

intrahepatic cholestasis

NEED SOME INFO.  MY DAUGHTER WAS TOLD @ 33 WEEKS SHE HAD THIS ICP. THE ITCHING IS DRIVING HER CRAZY. THEY HAVE HER ON ACTIGALL, ZYRTEX AND BENADRYL.  HER LEVELS SGOT-208 , SGPT-188, GGT 34, ALKALINE PHOS. 155, TOTAL BILI.  1.6
DIRECT BILI.-1.5.  THAT THE NUMBER I CAN REMEMBER.  I WOULD LIKE TO UNDERSTAND THIS BETTER CUZ EVERYONE I ASK NEVER HEARD OF THIS!!
Related Discussions
242596_tn?1192429549
Hello,

Please see my last comment.  Everything you describe sounds classic for cholestasis of pregnancy.  The itching can be unbearable and just so you know, Ursodiol is the same as Actigall.  

Also, it may be helpful for you to go with your daughter to her next ob appointment to have your questions by her primary obstetrician.

Best regards,

Dr. Downing
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker