Pregnancy Expert Forum
irregular period and pregnancy
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

irregular period and pregnancy

How do you really know how are asking you are of your period is irregular?
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that I am not sure I entirely understand your question, BUT . . . If you have an irregular period, it is more difficult to conceive because it means that you are ovulating irregularly too.
Sometimes medications such as Clomid can help this problem.
If you are already pregnant, I would do an ultrasound to figure out your due date since that is also more difficult to figure out when periods are irregular.
Good luck!
Dr B
4 Comments
Blank
Please disregard my last post, stupid auto correct but my question was how do you really know how are along you are if you have a irregular period?
Blank
By the measurement of your baby is what my doctor told me. According to my period I'm 9 weeks, but doctor measured me at 7 weeks 4 days. Idk for sure, I'm still a lil confused myself.
Blank
When I had my daughter, my last cycle was about five or six months before I found out I was pregnant. Now I have this issue with  pregnancy symptoms all the time and am never really pregnant...why is that.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now