Pregnancy Expert Forum
is it possible to get pregnant and not have sex?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

i'm just a bit curious but can a woman get pregnant when her and her boy friend have some "fun" and dry hump. both boy and girl have underwear and jeans on. is it possible for the sperm to travel through the close and enter the womans vagina and cause her to get pregnate.
Hi!
Anything can happen, but in this case it is extremely unlikely. I ALWAYS recommend a pregnancy test, in this case it is most likely going to be reassuring that there is no need to worry.
Good luck and remember Plan B (emergency contraception)
Dr B
Through the underwear is not likely. Sperm dies fairly quickly when the air hits it. Now I have read that it is possible, particularly without underwear on, that if he ejaculates on the outside of your vagina it could drain into your vagina a you could get pregnant. If some spill over underwear and pool ino the vagina it might not be entirely impossible but against very high odds. If you are asking from a personal experience you should make sure you're practicing safe sex even if you're not actually completely sexually active. Things tend to progress each occurance. Be prepared. If you think you might have sex get condoms. If you manage to restrain from going all the way perhaps you could suggest that he ejaculate on your belly. It's much safer as far as avoiding pregnancy and STDs.
Well my age is 24. and my period is due on Dec 1st. my boyfrnd just rubbed his penis on my vagina and he did not *** on me...i previously had my period on Nov 31. But now i am worrying if i got pregnant because i did not get my period yet. its Dec 4 already. are there chances of getting pregnant? i have read that  from the start date of my previous period on the 14 day around i will ovulate.. i figured that i wont be able to get pregnant as according to the calender i already should have ovulated on 14 of nov. but i am just fearing there might be any chance of getting pregnant.. pls help me with a right answer.. i can't think of anything but that...
i really wouldn't worry just yet. sometimes by thinking too much about it, i feel like you're just delaying it. from personal experiences, sometimes stress can play a big part in when or why your period is late. other times, it's your activity level that can contribute to it. so relax... it may just be right around the corner. but of course, if it's more than a week late (more like close to 2 weeks), then do take a HPT just to be sure. :)