Pregnancy Expert Forum
miscarriage with no bleeding?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

miscarriage with no bleeding?

I am 5w 4d pregnant according to my LMP.  I have had all the early pregnancy symptoms...sore breasts, nausea, fatigue.  BF and I decided to terminate.  I was gonna call today and make an appointment, but last night I started having dull, achy cramps and they lasted all night.  I have not had any bleeding.  This may sound weird, but when I woke up this morning, I felt different, empty.  I wasn't nauseous, my breasts were not sore...it's like all the symptoms went away overnight.  Is it possible to have a miscarriage with no bleeding?  

You didn't have a miscarriage without bleeding.  If indeed you were pregnant the pregnancy may have failed resulting in what we consider a missed abortion (i.e., an early failed pregnancy that has yet to pass vaginally).  These usually resolve one of three ways:  spontaneous miscarriage, induced miscarriage (with a medication called misoprostol) or dilation and curettage.  You should be seen by an ob/gyn to confirm the status of the pregnancy and then discuss with you the options on how to proceed.

Best regards,

Dr. Downing
I miscarried without bleeding August of 2006.  I was so nauseous - and then, it just stopped on a Friday.  The following Monday I went in for a scheduled ultrasound and the baby was there but there was no heartbeat - I was 9 weeks along.  My doctor waited until Friday to do the D&C and I had no bleeding prior to my procedure.

Hope this helps.
You helped alot. Thanks. I called my doctor and went in today for bloodwork. I go back on Monday too.  They want to see what my HCG levels are.
i don't know if i had a miscarriage but my period in the beginning of sept. was only 2 days then i have a period on sept 29 and this period was heavy with a lot of big blood clots like quarter size i had pregnancy symptoms then they stopped  i was having very bad cramps to the point where i was awakened by the pain and the blood. can anyone tell me what the clots would look like if i had a miscarriage. i took 4 hpt test all were negeative may have taken them too soon. please help
I'm so upset!!!