Pregnancy Expert Forum
needles :(

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

needles :(
Hi im 29 weeks pregnant and im rh negtive. I haveo get a shot to make sur mie and y babies blood dont cross. Im wondering where its diatributed. Thigh or arm?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that Rhogam is an intramuscular injection.  Usually these are given in the arm, but it could probably also be administered in your hip.
Good luck!
Dr B
Upper arm. I had mine on Thursday x
I got mine in my hip...just got one last week when they found out I have a hemorrhage between the uterus and placenta.  Didn't want the blood to mix.
Iam a super wimp but the rhogam shot didn't hurt at all and it was done and over with in no time. I've had a few. I received mine in the arm. Like i said it wasn't to bad.
I got my in the hip, you should get it at28 weeks and then again after the baby is born if the baby doesn't have your blood type..
I am also rh negative and have had the shot three times as i have three children and every time i have received it just above my.bum kind of in the hip area.
It depends on where you want it. They give you a choice so ask them to do it where ever you are more comfortable
Its the only shot ive gotten tht didnt hurt!
I got it on my ***. It hurt. Never was given the option for arm
I am Rh pos so I never personally experienced the rhogam injections, but I give them all the time. Unless the woman makes a request to have it in her arm I give them in the hip, it's quite a bit of fluid to be giving in the arm, so I shoot for the bigger muscle in the hip because it usually doesn't cause as much irritation. It's a matter of personal preference, either muscle is ok.
I found it to be the most painfully needle I ever had the first time, at the time I put it down to the plasma that made it a thicker liquid. But the second time it didn't hurt at all. The first time I had a mild reaction but that was no cause for alarm just a small rash second time nothing.
Please get the shot if you haven't yet. My sister lost her daughter today because she is RH negative and the baby had hydrops fetalis. It's not worth the risk.
I have several both in arm and hip its cold but not to bad and very necesary if babies rh positive
I'm the negative I'm 26 weeks I get another shot at 28 weeks I got my first one in the hip at 10 weeks it didn't hurt at all.
Get it on the *** cause more tissue is good for thick needle. It doesn't hurt there.