Pregnancy Expert Forum
no baby, no heart beat

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

no baby, no heart beat

I found out on Oct 3 that I was pregnant; my HCG was 219.  My last cycle was 31 Aug; I'm pretty sure that is correct. I went to the doctors on 5 Nov, supposedly putting me around 9 weeks and 1 day. The doctor did not see or hear my baby heart  beat. I was told that, the calculation of my pregnancy could be off or it’s an early sign of miscarriage. The sac/yolk was visible but no sign of the baby. I have to go back on Tuesday. I was thinking that even if my ovulation dates were off it would still put me around eight weeks which means there still should be a heart beat or some sign of the baby. I feel find and it appears that this could be a blighted Ovum (I read this). Are there any success stories in my situation or would it amazing to find a heart beat upon return.  What else could be going on if the baby is alive.
Hi!
I am sorry to answer so late.  Sometimes the pregnancy questions don't end up in my "stack".  If you were my patient, I would be very guarded about the pregnancy.  There are several signs that things may not be right.  One is that the dates are so far off.  The gestational sac matches your conception date and is too large for the yolk sac and fetus.  That is also worriesome.  BUT the fact that there is a fetal pole and that is new, is definitely positive and warrants waiting to see what will happen next.
I believe in miracles.
Good luck!
Dr B
I am 8 weeks and 2 days. I was told by my doctor that they wouldn't see a heart beat until the 10th week. That could be the reason that they didn't see a heart beat. I have never heard of that being a sign of a miscarrage (miscarriage). But I'm sure your baby is fine and all is well. :)
Thank you for your comment.
My last pregnancy was a blighted ovum....I went in at what should have been 6 weeks....there was only a sac and no baby....I went back once a week for 3 weeks to keep watch and nothing....I eventually at what should have been 9 weeks and some odd days miscarried naturally.
When I was 9 weeks with my son I had an ultrasound that also showed nothing. Told me the same things might be to early, dates could be off, sent me for blood work everyother day, nurse called and said levels werent rising properly this wouldnt be a viable pregnancy:( so we prepared ourselves for a miscarriage went back to doc. In 7 days was ready to schedule d.n.c. did ultrasound and to our great surprise there was a 10 week old fetus perfect size shape everything! Now he is 2 yrs. I hope everything works out for you.
Update?
Im goin thru the same thing right now my last period was sept 5 and it puts me on 9 weeks last week i went for an ultrasound told me the same thing they saw a sac and no heart beat ..told me it might be too early or it might be an abnormal pregnancy... It put me threw a lil sadness .... Sent me for blood work as well and i have to go back for an ultrasound once again on the 26 th of this month.. Will just have to wait :(
Ladies, Thank you for all of your comments. Reading what each of you wrote have help me get through this week. I have my appointment in the AM and I pray all is well.
I went to my appointment and they say that it looks much better and that the yolk sac was fully developed. First of all I thought it was fully developed the last time. I don’t know so confusing. She things she saw the fetal pole but it was very small (CRL measures 5W6D); GS measure 8W6D. There still was no heartbeat. I have to come back next week.
They cany hear heart beat till 16weeks or see one till 10 x keep updated x
Steffanii- where did u get ur info? I saw my baby's heart beat on ultrasound at 8 weeks and heard it on a Doppler at 10....
I am 8 weeks and 5 days. My ultrasound was yesterday. We saw the heart beating but couldnt hear it yet
Ladies,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write and respond to my messages. You really help get me through these pass few weeks. Unfornanately, things did not go as plan and I have a D&C schedule for Tuesday. Much love to everyone. Thanks.
I hope everything worked out for you I had the same problem and after losing one last year and them having to do internal scan we had assumed the worst but they had.found a heartbeat I was 12 weeks late but only 6 weeks pregnant
Hi my name is Amanda not sure how far along waiting for another ultrasound. First ultrasound I seen sac, no baby hcg was at 300 that was Nov 11th now my hcg is 37345. Doc says is really high should I be worried
your the same amount as me my last period was august 31 & now I'm 14 weeks 1day  due may 29 qoodluck 2 u I hope you have all qood news
I had a miscarriage on nov 5th. Hope urs turns out better. GL
Any update?
I had a D&C on 27 Nov
I had a D&C on 27 Nov. Very sorry to hear about your miscarriage as well. i hope you are feeling better.
How did it go?
How did it go?
Very sorry... :( Ignore my two posts, some of your messages not showing on my mobile......